Hi im greg, im 17 years old and just overnight about 3 weeks ago a large painful lump appeared on my shaft. I have not had any sex except masturbation and i was wondering what it could be. I know i cannot be popped and isnt a pimple and it seems to hurt quite a bit more when ever im erect. plz respond if u have any idea what it could be or how to get rid of it.

Well, it could be a pimple or inflamed sebaceous cysts. Inflamed pimples cannot be popped sometimes as well but they could hurt like crazy.

Sebaceous cysts that are formations similar to pimples usually don’t hurt. They have sebum accumulation under the skin with a membrane on top of the accumulation and it cannot be squeezed because of that. It could be excited though by a doctor with special tools.
Sebaceous cysts don’t hurt most of the time and are harmless. However, just like the pimples, they can get infected or inflamed and then they hurt.

If the lump is red and swollen, it is probably inflamed and you may apply some corticosteroid to see if the inflammation subsides. If not, you may decide to see a dermatologist and get it fixed.

Hello everyone. Well, this is an issue that is bothering you for a reason. Lump on penis that is causing you pain is something that isn't to be tampered with. I suggest you go and see someone about this. We are probably talking about sebaceous cysts or some sort of cysts. The cyst could be inflamed and that is the reason why it hurts. They usually don't cause pain. I would strongly advise you to go and see your doctor about this issue because I've been in your shoes concerning this issue and only a specialist was able to help me.