Hi. I have noticed some red lumps in my earlobes. What to do? How to remove them? A friend of mine told me I may have sebaceous cysts. What are these cysts?

Hi. A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac that contains skin secretions. Swollen hair follicles and skin trauma may lead to sebaceous cysts. They are usually found on trunk, neck and face. Sebaceous cysts grow slowly and they are painless. With time, they will become inflamed and tender. Sebaceous cysts are nothing to be worry about. You can ignore them. If they grow large you can remove them surgically. Small cysts can be treated by steroid injections.

Ugh. Heyloo. I have a lump inside my ear too. It isn't painful but i am freaked out. xD
Doctor said not to poke it.
How can't I?
Lmao.

I've been reading about others that have problems with their earlobes and its not bringing me any comfort. I am a 27 year old female and yesterday I noticed as I was sitting down at my desk studying that my left earlobe felt like there was a lump ~ not painful, but swollen and numb. So I get a needle and some rubbing alcohol and poke it... there was blood and some clear thick liquid that came out. I know I was prolly not suppose to do that, but I just couldn't help it. What is it and should I see my doctor? BTW ~ I keep very good hygiene.

I'm 14 turning 15 end of this year and there seem to be this small lump on my left ear loaf. Some people say it's hormonal stuff but I'm so scared can it be a tuma? My grandfather is suffering from it right now... ARGH!!

Well I too have a lump in my ear lobe. It is in my right ear and I've been trying to pop it for weeks. I was just smoking a cigarette and went to play with it again and I felt something wet. I look at my hand it was covered in blood. The lump in my ear was about half the size of my thumb, squishy and didn't have much feeling. When I was squeezing the blood out into toilet paper there was some mysterious black stuff that came out too. I don't know what it is at all. The stuff kinda smells too. I used some peroxide along with trying to drain all the blood. I want it to close up so I can take another look at it and see what's going on. It has diminished in size more than half. For me it just started oozing on its own. Luckily it was on my only day off of work. lol. I've had it for almost a month. So everyone out there don't get scared the way you are. I thought it was just a huge ass pimple til I had someone feel it. Then they freaked me out. So just stay calm if nothing happens in a month. Maybe you should see a doctor. When I would look at it you can see that there was blood in there. It was a very dark red spot in the fluidy sac inside my earlobe. I've also did some research. There are two ways you can go about it. You can try taking care of it yourself or see a doctor for it might not be a cyst. So if you want to try and take care of it yourself, make sure you have, rubbing alcohol, peroxide, and a scalpel or razor. Those two are the best to use to put a hole in it for if the hole is too small the puss will not come out. Hope I could be of help and calm you guys down. Have a good day.

wow im 14 turning 15 too and i have one atm it sucks im kinda scared also

like 10 min ago i was sitting on the computer and felt it.

I get them often, they're just small, smooth lumps in my earlobes. They are sebaceous cysts but if left they will heal themselves and the lump will gradually decrease in size till it's gone. However, the last one I got was the biggest yet, and REALLY painful so I took drastic measures.. Once popped they're like any normal spot, some blood will come out along with the infected puss which will be ranging from yellow, to brown or even darker- don't worry about the colour, even if it's alarming at first. It smells pretty bad too, so don't put the tissue too near your face.. I suggest if you get really worried about it, you can go to your doctor but they will just tell you the same stuff and not to fiddle with it. Once over a certain size, surgery is required to remove it, but your doctor will advise you on what's best if it is that big. But in earlobes they tend to not get any bigger than a small ball-bearing at most.
Hope this helps!

i have 8 cysts of various sizes in my earlobes...you people need to relax

Hi I'm 15 going on 16 and I have these bumps in both my ears. One is starting to hurt so I'm going to the doctor... From what I've read it's not unusual during this time due to testosterone and imbalance of hormones.