I am 40 years old and I am not in menopause yet. I know I should expect this period in my life, and I will be ready. Anyway, not so long time ago I have heard for pre menopause period. I did not know that exist, but now I think I have symptoms. I feel my heartbeats, which never happened to me before. I wonder if I should visit my doctor, or that is pre menopausal symptom.

That is nothing strane that you are consciously aware of your heart beating. I can freely say you are probably having a heart palpitation. This is something also known as an irregular heartbeat or cardiac arrhythmia. Heart palpitations can afflict anyone at anytime, but heart palpitations and pre menopause usually go together. That is why I could say there is no need to visit your doctor about these palpitations, because I believe this is pre menopause with you. Heart palpitations are accompanied by the sensation of your heart skipping a beat or beating too many times within a specific time. I do not know if you have noticed any other symptoms like these I am telling you. Heart palpitations usually occur sporadically over a period of two to three months, and may accompany hot flashes. That is just another common symptom of menopause, which is going to increase your heart rate between 8 and 16 beats a minute. Since I think you are still in pre menopause, I believe you have not noticed all these symptoms yet, but do not be worried once they occur.

Do you take thyroid replacement hormone? that can cause palpitations ;-)