Is there anyone with some living with psychotic person experience? I think my husband has started having psychotic reactions lately and I really am having hard time living with this –despite the fact that he become unbearable for he is angry and is so nervous that sometimes I am afraid of him it looks like he is able of hurting me as well as himself I still want to help him but I don't know yet how is it living with psychotic person and what should I do. Maybe it is essential to mention that his mum was also psychotic.

Being psychotic is the genetic thing in most of the cases but also it may be triggered by some others factors such as stress or something like that, anyway the most common cause is non stabilized person's character and psychological condition. Anyway I know how is it living with psychotic person for my son is being psychotic for years and occasionally he is being hospitalized so basically the only thing that helps here are meds therapy in many cases that is a combination of antipsychotic drugs and mood stabilizers but whenever the psychotic reactions are severe than the best solution is hospital care. You know even when the patient is under drug therapy it usually takes few weeks for the things to get calm so just to avoid possible complications of living with psychotic patient in that stage it is always better have him hospitalized.

I lived with it for 46 years and the last year he tried to kill me. He put antifreeze in my drinks and food and when I stopped eating anything left open, he began spraying chemicals in the basement under the room I slept in. I caught him spraying Ortho Weed & Grass Killer in the basement, then a whole large can of Lysol in the house, etc. Don't put yourself through it. I should have left before the end of the first year. I regret wasting my life living with that psychotic. He was. at times. totally insane. You cannot help him. He needs to get help himself. Get out before he does hurt you.