I have been having legs cramps recently that are pretty painful. I’ve been told that it is a common symptom of PAD. My exercise routine has not changed. I am doing 30 minutes of cardio mixed with weight training every other day, so I am not sure what is causing this. Anyone experienced this?

I am 50yrs old and I used to be able to walk a golf course, carrying my bag at least once a week. About 3 years ago, the first time out, caused severe cramping in my left calf muscle. I thought it was just the result of being a "couch potato" over the winter, but it was not. Things got worse since then, including constant numbness in the feet. I finally got tested and turns out it is severely blocked leg arteries. The test is simple; I got a Bilateral Arterial Doppler Ultrasound done. This test has indicated the blockages and I am now on to see a vascular surgeon.

What is PAD? I have been experiencing severe, incredibly painful, cramps in my inner thigh muscles. the cramps seem to go on forever and nothing I do seems to help. it happens in the night when I am sleeping. i've tried stretching, using the foam roller, taking quinine, drinking lots of water, taking a muscle relaxer, and using a heating pad. last night none of these helped at all. any ideas?