Hi I have some sort of virus which has been going on over two weeks. Fatigue which has subsided, headache which has gone but I still have swollen lymph nodes in my necj, jaw, groin and knee but only on the left hand side of my body. I also have severe what feels like muscle pain in my left leg, it starts in my thigh and goes down my leg. If I stand up it goes away but sitting and laying cause the pain. The doctor did blood tests and said there was no sign of inflammation or infection and the pain is probable reactive arthritis!! I still have this virus, I can feel it but no idea what it is?? The leg pain is the worse and seems to be bad just above my knee. Any ideas? Thanks

I have the exact same thing and have been diagnosed with active (chronic) mono 4 times in 12 years, several times with swollen lymph nodes, terrible fatigue & just feeling bad. This is the first time it has caused such severe pain in my legs, mostly the left that starts early in the day and gets so bad I have to stand up and bend over at my desk to work. I noticed that the pelvic lymph nodes look like they surround the aorta where it branches off into your legs and am wondering if that is what is causing the pain - the swelling of the deep lymph nodes around the large veins...Don't know yet, but you need to be checked for both mono and lymphomas just to be safe. Listen to your body & Good Luck!

hey, you ever find out what was wrong with you original poster. please let me know, have some similar symptoms. thanks

Hi, I just joined. I just wanted to ask if you had a painful rash anywhere on your body before you got this so-called virus? Also, I don't want to be rude, but exposure to AIDS virus can intially start out with symptoms similar to yours? But don't be scared it is probably not that. There are so many things that could cause your kind of symptoms. If your symptoms persist, ask for more testing, such as stool sample to check for parasites. Have your doc run a Western Blot and ELISA test, especially if you have been where you could have been bitten by a tick. Hopes this helps.

I have suffered from extreme leg pain with swollen lymph nodes in my knees for years.  I was recently diagnosed with Celiac Disease.  I have had chronic problems with other lymph nodes in my body, as well as extreme constipation and other digestive issues.  Please try a gluten free diet.  It is a challenge at first; but, once you learn about the toxic properties in gluten, you will wlecome your new diet.  It has changed my life.