Help! For a while now, my lower legs have been swollen and have absolutely no shape. My feet or ankles are not swollen - it starts just above my ankles and goes up to my knees. I went to see a dr. about this several years ago, and she advised me that it was something they called "sausage legs" - which told me nothing. It is not swelling caused by fluid, as there are no indentations when pressing. I have no idea what this could be from, and I exercise regularly and am in good shape - except for my lowers legs. If I run my fingers up my leg, sometimes I can feel little tiny lumps and they are painful. It is horrible and I have no idea what do to about it at this point. I do not wear skirt and don't really feel comfortable wearing shorts anymore for this reason. I often wonder if plastic surgery would help. I would appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you!

:-D Have you received any answers. I am dealing with the same problemd. Thanks Jerry

Have you asked your doctor about the possibility of Lymphedema?

I too am experiencing something like this. I have some swelling and tenderness above the ankle on my right leg. The ankle itself is fine. There is no pain associated with it other then when pressing directly on the swollen area. There is no pain or discomfort when walking or other activities.

this could be from diabetes or heart problems. this happens to me also and I have deep indents from my socks.

I was told mine was from my uncontrolled Diabetes, although it can have other causes, for example, flights more than four hours, especially long flights or many flights. The best solution is something called "Compression
Stockings." You can get them for men, women, up to the knee, over the knee, even tights. They are tight at the bottom and the pressure is graduated lower as they go up. They are considered the best treatment and prevention. This was just recommended to me at the National Institutes of Health, I was there for other reasons but had this symptom and got this advise. Look up Compression Stockings on your favorite search engine, look for professional sites, they specify details of the exact amount of compression in different stockings. I was told to look for "Jobst." I just got home from there so am looking myself. It is also recommended that if you sit a lot get up and take short walks, and sleep with your legs elevated with pillows or something. Good luck to you all.

Guest wrote:

:D Have you received any answers. I am dealing with the same problemd. Thanks Jerry

Have you seen a vein speciallist-often a cardiologist who specializes in circulation? It might be venous reflux.

Erythema Nodosum- this is what I had. Sometimes it resolves it self, sometimes not. It ay be helpful to look this up.