Hey everyone.

My younger sister has had heart problems in the last few months. She has been diagnosed with Mild Myocarditis. She had no symptoms whatsoever. I mean she did feel ill for a while and she had symptoms of a classic viral infection, but she never had a single symptom that would indicate that she has heart problems. No shortness of breath, no irregular heart rate, no chest pain, nothing.

Anyway, the doctor prescribed her some meds and told her to rest. I wanted to ask you, does anyone here know what is the usual recovery period from Mild Myocarditis?

Hi Alan,

I don't think that anybody can give you precise info about her recovery period since we don't know her exact condition, but since we're talking about a mild myocarditis, she should be able to recover pretty fast. 

It's a good thing that she has just a mild myocarditis, because myocarditis can be really nasty. In mild cases, myocarditis might have no noticeable symptoms. You might feel ill and have general symptoms of a viral infection and never realize your heart is affected.

When it comes to severe myocarditis, it can easily cause death. It is believed that 5 to 20% of all cases of sudden death in young adults are due to myocarditis.

Hi you two,

I think that Adria is right, it's a good thing that she has just a mild myocarditis, otherwise, it would be really dangerous for her. 

In cases of mild myocarditis, very often there are no visible symptoms and a person won't even know that he or she has it. This person could live the rest of his life without ever finding out that he had this mild case of myocarditis. I believe that this info shows that your sister probably won't have any problems with her mild myocarditis.

I don't think that she needs a lot of time to recover now that she is using medications, she should be better in a couple of days.

Hi Alan,

I don't think that she needs a resting period, actually. I'm not saying that her doctor isn't right, I just think that she doesn't need it. Also, there is no such thing as a recovery period for someone with mild myocarditis. It's a pretty much harmless condition and as the people above already said, most of the people with mild myocarditis won't even know for their entire lives that they had this condition.

On the other hand, myocarditis is very dangerous and can cause death.Luckily for your sister, she has just a mild myocarditis which is not dangerous at all.

Good day there everyone.

Look, no one can tell you what is the usual recovery period from mild myocarditis because every patient has a different health condition and every patient is totally different.

The most important thing is that this is not hard condition and that patients should drink some medications that are prescribed by their doctors and I need to tell you that I totally agree with Guest – resting and lying at the bed all day is not the option.

The patient in the recovery process should move and walk every day.

I am pretty sure that walking can help anyone in recovering process.

Hello everyone.

Yesterday I saw my cousin and I didn’t know that she was recovering from Mild Myocarditis. She told me that after 12 weeks she saw some progress finally. But, she was not driving a car and she was not working.

She was resting and she was almost 95% of her time in her home. Of course, in those recovery process she had pain in her chest and shortness of breath.

Now, she told me that she is feeling fine. Sure, she still had some pain, burning in her chest and some heaviness but she was much better.

Hey everyone.

I have to agree with Adria totally.

Look, no one can tell you exactly what is the recovery process from mild myocarditis. It depends. I am reading here a lot of different experiences.

I am really surprised that someone actually was recovering from this more than 11 weeks. I am not saying that this is not possible, all that I am saying is that I know a guy who recovered from it after only 6 weeks and he was fine.

I believe that there are so many factors that can determine it. It is not that easy to tell.

Good luck.

Hello everyone.

I don’t know what is the usual recovery period from mild myocarditis, but I do know that so many people recover heart function without long – term negative health effects. They also do recover without a return of any symptoms that they had before. In some cases, heart function may not improve after myocarditis and the individual can require long term therapy. In some cases it can require heart transplantation.

Now, as you can see some cases can be very hard and because of it no one can tell you what is the usual recovery period from this issue.