Hey there. I have another question, so I will start this new topic.

So my high school friend (she is living at some village, I can’t remember the name of it) called me today and she told me that she will be in my city for a while.

I was surprised because she called me. I haven’t seen her for 19 years. But I accepted to see her and to drink a cup of coffee with her.

I couldn’t recognize her. She looks really bad.

I didn’t wanted to ask her what is going on, she told me by herself that she is sick and that she has Aortic Dissection. That is why she is in my city in the first place.

I was wondering what the average recovery period is for Aortic Dissection patients.

Hey there.

This all depends from person to person. But here are some statistics. Right after the surgery the patents will be in pain and fatigue as they recover. I believe that this is a normal process in the recovery when it comes to this disease.

Well, pain will be treated in the very similar ways in every hospital – by medications. If patient leaves the hospital, he will receive certain medications in the home. The average hospital stay and recovery is between one week and 10 days.

Home recovery will be different for every person.  But I believe that the recovery should be done in less than one month.

Hey. Just like Big Z told you – it depends. I assume that you don’t know that much about your friend’s health condition and her medical history. Was she sick before, her current condition etc…But I know that she obviously needs you because she doesn’t know anyone in your town?

This procedure usually lasts between 5 and 10 hours, so it is not harmless at all. But whole recovery process won’t be longer than 10 days. In this recovery process, medications are extremely important for the treatment. All patients will require medications that is going to help control their blood pressure.

Hi guys. 10 years ago (or something like that, I am not sure is it 9 or 10 years), I was in pain because it was very hard surgery. My recovery lasted for 15 days (and when I say 15 days I mean that I was in huge pain for those 15 days). After my recovery time, I was feeling much better but I was still at my home. It is true that everyone during the recovery needs to take the medications. For example, I was using metoprolol. Those pills will help in reducing blood pressure to normal limits.

Hello everyone.

I hope that your friend is doing fine. You just remind me at one story that I had in my life. I didn’t know what this is until I was at the hospital because I had some heart issues. This older guy who was in the bed next to mine, he had this diagnose. When I asked him what this is he explained to me and he told me that he is in the hospital for 21 day. According to him, some complications happened and he needed to stay in the hospital.

All I want to tell you is that you just can’t expect from anyone to tell you the exact time of recovery.

When I saw this subject, I remembered my ex good friend. We were really good almost 7 years ago. And he had problems with this as well.

I remember that one day he told me – my buddy, I will never recover from aortic dissection. He was so sad because of it, he was almost depressed because he was never in the hospital before. With good doctors and medications, his recovery period lasted for 18 days. But it was like 18 months for him.

So, recovery period is not that long. You just need to be patient and wait.

Good luck.