Hey there.

Well I think that getting my kitten neutered is the hardest thing that I need to choose. I don’t know why. Some of my friends told me that this is really ugly experience for owners and for kittens as well.

OK, I am not silly and I do know that this is very simple procedure but I don’t know for how long we need to wait a recovery time.

I am still wondering should I do this.

I know that there are a lot of benefits but I am scared that something can go wrong :/

Can you tell me what is the recovery time after cat’s neutering?

Tnx!

Hey darling.

When it comes to surgery it can be done very fast, but it can be done very slow. After it you should take a good care of your cat. But don’t worry, recovery time is usually very short.

Your cat will begin to act like her old – self within day or two after the surgery. Also she won’t be in pain, she won’t experience it at all. But you need to be prepared to take a good care of her for a couple of days, actually for next two weeks.

You should not let your cat outside and you should not bath her.

Hey guys,

Carla, I wouldn't advise you to neuter your cat, I haven't neutered any of mine. It does more bad than good, if you ask me.

Anyway, when it comes to recovering after the surgery, it takes about eight to ten days. It's the time necessary for her incisions to heal. If your cat is a female, the vet might keep her overnight because the procedure is a bit more complicated for female cats.

It takes eight to ten days for your cat to be the same as before but sometimes, and that's why I don't advise you to neuter your cat, she will never be the same as before (in a bad way).

Hey guys,

First of all, I'll agree with Mima when it comes to neutering you cat, I wouldn't do it if I were you.

Secondly, about the procedure itself, your cat will be under anesthesia so she won't experience any pain. She should be feeling the effects of the anesthesia for the next 24 hours after the surgery so she'll be a bit unsteady on her feet. Make sure to be there for her at this period.

I think that it takes more than just 10 days to recover. It usually takes around two weeks, and if your cat was in heat or was pregnant when she was neutered, it takes even longer than that.

Hey everyone,

I think that you two are too pessimistic about this neutering thing. Bad stuff happens, but rarely, I honestly think that neutering does more good than bad. Just saying.

Like they have already told you, healing process, in your case, lasts for up to two weeks. After that, your kitten's incisions should be healed and it would mean the end of this neutering thing. That is if the surgery passes without any complications, and the kitten doesn't react bad to the surgery.

I had a cat once but it was a cat from the street, it was never really mine, I just fed her. I got all my dogs spayed, though.

Hey everyone. I never neutered my dog. You wanna know why? Because I am afraid. I am afraid that something bad can happen. So, I would not advise you to do this. Never. Honestly, you don’t have a reason to do this, right? But just in case, I will answer on your question. The recovery time depends on the surgery. It can take 5 days but in my friend’s case it was 24 days. Some complications happen and her cat was extremely nervous because of it. She took her cat to the other vet and he was wondering why did she neutering the cat? Now you can see what I am saying to you. You should not do this.

Hello. I am always for neutering and spaying. I know that you don’t agree with me, well most of you. You can expect your pet to be groggy and not in the mood when you get home. This is caused from the anesthesia and your cat needs to recover from it between 18 to 24 hours. Also, your cat will sleep much more than normal. Your cat can be aggressive and maybe she will bite and scratch you. She will recover within 8 days if everything was OK during the surgery. You just need to isolate your cat from other pets and children’s.

Hey everyone,

I'm not into this neutering thing. I understand that this was not your original question, but I would not advise you to do this to your cat. I mean, why in the world would you want to neuter your cat? He can't get pregnant, he can't bring you any trouble because he's not neutered, so why deny him the pleasure of doing...what he wants to do?

As others already told you about the recovery time after cat's neutering, it varies from 8 days to two weeks. Might take longer, might take less, you never know. In case things get complicated, it might take a lot more time.

Hey everyone,

I know that it's not your main question, but I'm on the side of all the people who are against neutering of cats. I actually signed a petition once for the neutering to become forbidden although that never happened.

The answer on your question: it takes about 15 days I think. It all depends from cat to cat so you can't really be sure. But the consequences will last for a lifetime. She can easily lose her will for living and become just a lazy and boring cat. I’m so against these surgeries. They make no sense and bring only harm.

Hello everyone. I had problem with my cat after neutering. Her recovery lasted for more than 15 days. The main reason were some complications during the surgery. My cat lost a lot of blood and it was hard period for all of us. Her recovery time was very slow and she was not moving during it. When she was better everything was OK. But because I have experience with it I think that I would never do this again to my cat. I think that there is no need for neutering a cat. Of course you will have to decide. Good luck.

Wow, the shear level of ignorance.....
Maybe you are not "into" cat neutering, but it really isn't about you. It's about the health, happiness, and well being of the cat. Besides curbing unwanted pregnancies, fixing cats prevents a myriad of health issues and behavior problems associated with sex. A cat kept indoors that is not fixed is effectively tortured when they go into heat or, in a males case, gets a sent of a female in heat. Of course, I would suspect you would just let the cat go outside and do what he or she wants to without regard to any of the consequences. That is the reason millions of cats are killed each year. Owning an animal requires a level of responsibility that too many people are just not up to the task.

If you could see me I am standing and applauding the one common sense comment on this thread.
A female cat an come into season every 6 weeks, that is 6 weeks of howling and performing until she manages to get out and then attracts every unneutered tom from miles around who fight each other over her and then effectively take turns to rape her leading to more unwanted kittens, 4 litters a year per female is around 20 kittens, same cycle again and it’s 80, 320, 1280... you get the picture! Be responsible pet owners!

You're right. Its not about the humans, its about the animals. And what's best for them is to NOT put them through an abusive, disgusting surgery. Don't get a pet if you can't handle how they were naturally made