Hi everyone,

My uncle John is supposed to have a surgery for ventricular rupture in a few days. He told me that the surgery itself is not so dangerous and that he is probably going to be okay but he told me that it might take some time for him to recover after the surgery is done. Now, I was hoping that some of you might know what is the recovery period after the surgery and if there is anything I can do to help. He is a very cool person, and we play a lot of sports together, I need him to play with me.

Hi there,

If your uncle told you that he is going to be okay, you should trust him about it, you two seem to have a good connection and he probably wouldn't lie to you.

It can be hard, I suppose, to recover after this surgery. I mean, he is certainly going to recover but he will need some time to accomplish that. For some people it takes a lot of time to fully recover, by a lot of time I mean around one year, while for others it takes less, like a couple of months, cardiac rehabilitation program might help him.

Hey Health n Joy,

Thanks for the info. My uncle is a fighter, he loves life and like I said, he plays a lot of different sports, he goes running, exercising, he is pretty much cool. He is going to make it through this, I'm sure of it.

Okay, I am going to tell him about this cardiac rehabilitation program, I hope that I get to be useful this way. Is there anything else that I can do for him, any other way in which I can help? Please tell me, I'll do whatever it takes to make him get better.

Hey there. I think that there no are rules when it comes to recovery period after the surgery for venticular rupture. This all depends on how the situation was when the patient was diagnosed with this issue. My friend Samantha was diagnosed with it as well and she had the surgery. The good thing is because she was not a smoker, she was eating healthy and she was exercising as well. Doctor told her that those all were good things and that this is the main reason why she recovered pretty fast - for less than two months she was able to get back to her routine life. Good luck!

When I find out that I need to have surgery because I am diagnosed with ventricular rupture, I tough that this is the end of the world. My doctor tried to tell me that everything is going to be OK with me and that I really don't need to be scared about it. Well, I was because it is not JUST a surgery, it is very serious surgery and it can be complicated. But I knew it that I need to have this surgery if I want to remain life and healthy. So I listened to my doctor. I was really good after this surgery. But the problem was my recovery process because it lasted for almost four months. When I asked my doctor why this recovery process is that long, he told me that this is a complicated surgery and that some people are recovering faster, while someone like I very slow.

Hi guys.

Early surgical intervention is essential for the treatment of ventricular rupture. That means that once this is diagnosed, surgery is something that your doctors needs to do. Now, medical therapy plays a supporting and sometimes main role in some instances. Immediate consultation with a cardiothoracic surgeon is indicated in all cases of myocardial rupture. Pericardiocentesis and surgical drainage of hemopericardium may be indicated. Recovery period is different in anyone. It can be for three weeks, it can be like you could see for three or four months.. It depends on your pervious condition and it depends on how was the surgery.