Hello. I am a thirty eight single mother and my daughter is anorexic. She lost so much weight because she thought that a boy at school would like her for that. He didn't notice her at all, and she started starving herself even worse. Thank god that she has given up that idea. But she has symptoms and she is under therapy right now. How long does recovery last?

I am happy that your daughter has realized that she shouldn't starve herself for anybody. My friend was anorexic, and she was under therapy too. The therapy is long, especially if you have slow metabolism. She will need at least two months to gain some considerable weight (like 10 kilos or so). But if she is persistent, she will pull through.

Hi there,

You are lucky one because your daughter made through this terrible condition. Unfortunately my friend’s daughter didn’t. She literally starved herself to death. It was too late when my friend has discovered what is going on.

Unfortunately these days we are surrounded with extra skinny super models which are absolutely everywhere we look. And afterwards we are surprised that our children our suffering from various disorders such as anorexia and bulimia and we don’t do anything to stop it.

I really hope that your daughter has learned her lesson and that she will recover fast and continue with her life as a normal and healthy young girl who is aware that no one is more important than her health.