Hi
I have been having abdomen pain on the right side before my period and then until my period for about three weeks. When my period comes it is very painful,heavy with large clots and then it stops for a day and I have some black blood and tissue. Is this dangerous?

Health Advisor
No matter if it’s dangerous or not, you need to see a gynecologist to perform some tests and see what an underlying problem is.
How old are you?

Although most of the girls experience pain during periods, the pain should last for a few days only.

There are two possible reasons that I know of that could cause symptoms similar to yours. These are fibroid cysts on the ovaries and endometriosis.

Fibroid cysts cause incredible pain when period approach. The pain can be so strong that it could even radiate to your groins and thighs. There are several ways to get rid of them. Your doc may even prescribe birth control pills to stop the ovulation.

Endometriosis is a condition in which the lining of the uterus that is created during ovulation grows out of the uterus, possibly on other organs. If it blocks fallopian tubes it can even lead to fertility. There is no cure for endometriosis but there are ways to manage it.

Your symptoms are too annoying if I may notice and I would certainly advise you to see a doc. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.