My wife was told dhe has neoroendrocrine cancer stage 4 with unknown primary site. It has both hip bones ate up and her tail bone is ate up and we have 7 vertbrae affected from the c2 down. Plus there is 14 other ares that a mass was found. She is only 51 years old. We can not get an answer from the doctor on her life expectancy. Can anyone shed some light on it for us. Thank you.

I can feel how frustrated you are with this.

It can be very hard for the doctors to predict life expectancy. In such a situation where the cancer has spread it becomes very difficult. There are too many variables. How's the rest of her health?

I've gone through this with three grandparents, leukemia, colon, and pancreatic cancer. No doctor was able to accurately "predict" their life expectancy. My grandmother, a tough old bird, lived almost twice as long as predicted and was active until the end (pancreatic cancer). One of my grandfathers was very quick (colon) and the other basically didn't want any heroic treatment and lasted about just about what they said he would.

I'm sorry, I know this isn't about my past. I really think that the best thing to do is make every day count. Live life to the fullest. I mean when you think of it, any of us could pass at any time. Go and do the things you want to do, now. It's not just being alive, it is the quality of life.

My thoughts are with you and your wife.

as far as the rest of her health, she had a quaddruple bypass in 2000 at age 42 and then another quaddruple bypass in 2007. she also has high bloodpressure and is a diabetic.