Just wondering if anyone can shed some light. A month ago i went on vacation to disney with my family. The first symptom i got was left arm pain, which i had previously been experiencing on and off for about a year. I had looked into this before, and had an mri done of my upper spine but everything checked out okay. So, While doing all that walking in disney, i started feeling extreme fatigue. Then came the tightness in my chest, or more like a squeezing feeling in my diaphram, Then the palpitations. By the end of the trip i was only able to get around in a scooter and im only 29 years old. The last day there i thought i was going to have a heart attack. I went to the emergency room. They told me about an abnormality in my ekg which may or may not be WPW. I left the hospital feeling worse than when i went in. When i got home, i went straight to the emergency room over here. I had an xray of my chest, an echo cardiogram, a cat scan with contrast of my heart and lungs and a stress test. They all came back negative, and the electrophysiologist assured me that i do not have wpw, and thinks i should start playing tennis. They told me i was depressed and needed medicine. I went back again to the hospital when i felt the same exact way two days later and still no answers. This time they said my d-dimers were high, in the 500 range and repeated a chest cat scan to check for pulmonary embolisms. And doppler study of legs to check for clots, all negative. In the mean time i dropped twelve pounds in a week, and still felt the same exact way. Chest pains, tightness in chest, heart palpitations like crazy if i turned a certain way, extreme lightheadedness. They told me to go home and get psychiatric help! To make a long story short, i have since gained my weight back, and have tried to ignore these things that my mind was making up. In the meantime, i have seen a pulmonologist, a cardiologist, a neurologist and soon will see an infectious disease doctor. My lungs are fine, My mri of the brain came back fine. I am currently wearing an event monitor to rule out heart issues and had to repeat the stress test because as it turns out, the one i took in the hospital came back as being + for ischemia, which im told can be a false postive. I had more blood work done and it seems that my protien count is very high, and i got a positive for lyme, i was told not a high number but enough to give a postive, which is why i am seeing the infectious disease doctor soon. Obviously something is going on here, i may just snap and attack the next doctor who suggets anxiety and depression!! Im very scared because i know my body, and for a whole month i have not felt like myself. I dont know what triggered it but i cant imagine it to be lyme, i dont ever recall being bit by a tick ever! I was told you can get a false postive, but the high protein levels are curious to me. I really feel like noone has answers for me. As of now the palpitations are not as bad, and are actually worse after a big meal. I feel like there is cat lying on my diaphram at all times, and the lightheadedness and the fatigue seem to come and go. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the heck is going on with me? No doctor can tell me why there are slight but signifigant changes in my ekg compared with one from two years ago, noone can tell me why my d-dimers were in the 500 range when two days prior they were 50-70, noone can tell me why my protien count is so high, or what is causing me to feel dizzy for 4 weeks straight. I also keep feeling a weird pressure under my left rib cage. ???

I have been having the exact same issues for about 6 months on and off and every dr told me the same thing, it was all in my head, I refuse to take depression medication for no reason!  I have had brain and abdomen MRI's, a camera shoved down my throat to check my stomach and everything comes back normal, the only thing that they did find was gall stones which I do not know if that would cause all of our symptoms.  A friend of mine said that she was diagnosed with Chron's disease and when she has an attack she has all of these symptoms, I have not yet been checked for this because I have not found another dr, I will not see my current dr after telling me it's all in my head, when its not! 

Is your blood pressure and pulse rate high? I have had some of your symptoms as well? The endo doctor told me it wasn't my thyroid and that he wants me to see a cardiologist and neurologist. I hope someone can she's some light on this soon. I have been going through this since my son was born 2 years ago. Lori

lori wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

Hi jennifer!

i had antibodies for lyme and since three years i am having the exact same symptoms as you.if you came back positive for lyme you must start looking for a lymespeciast...it is of the utmost importance that you start treating it eather with with natural herbs or wif it is lymecarditis with intravanous antibiotics or oral antibiotics if the heartproblems are not sever....
here in the netherlands they don´t treat it since there are no specialists for lyme here and the result is that people end up in wheelchairs or emergency all the time because of heartpalpetations, heartracing and irregularbeating etc....You can also develop all kinds of neurological problems..the normal neurologist and infectious disease specialists won´t help ypu, just watch the movie`under your skin``about the devestting lymestories...
lyme DOES cause heartproblems!!!it goes from the blood to the nervoussystem and invades cells there, also the inner lining of the heart!!it is a very serious condition and dangerous if you don´t treat it now....do it!!you need to pulse with antibioticss or go on a herbal protocol for lyme.
Doctors and even familymembers can be very unfeeling ,since not enough is aknowledged and known about this horrible illness.You don´t need to know about a tickbite or develop a rash etc...many never knew....!!!

The most cheering thing for me in a couple of months now is reading through the articles on this page. It is good to find out that I am the one killing myself with worry. Nothing is wrong with me except what I created. I have always known that you can't come out of life alive and that just as I did not decide when and how I was born I cannot decide when and how I will die yet I worry myself to death about dying.

i think what we all have is stress attack not heart attack or any serious ailment at that. We should all learn to hand things over to God and live while we are alive. Folks, it's up to you. For me, I am of good health and from now on, of sound mind too. Lets think less of death and more of life and healthy living. If not for our sake, for the sake of our loved one who fret and panic around us. If God has spared us in His mercy, lets not provoke Him by believing we know how to die or when we are dying Even when we are of good health (a gift from Him).

Thanks folks for helping me get over this.

Ben

Hi Ben,

Have been having several health issues and have been more traumatized by the anxiety which aggravates every symptom, than the issues that exist. I feel miserable due to that.

What you said is also what I would like to adopt.However it is easier said than done. Could you share tips and guidance on the 'how'? Will be very helpful.

Hi Jennifer I must say my symptoms are just like yours my problem has been going on for 5 years did u get any answers yet curious to know I changed 8 th doctors and was also told it's in my head

Hi Ben. I totally agree on you. Though it's a process too. I've been through chest pressure, shortness of breath and even chilling which lead to what they call panic attack. Honestly I just learned the term here. I had an EKG before and it's normal. Other than that I haven't gone to any tests. Just last night ( Apr 9, 2013 ), I experienced panic attack as they say. I even told my husband Sort of "last words" thinking that I might die. But then I kept on praying to God, while I'm massaging my hand, to heal me...that He may give me long life for my family needs me specially my two young sons. This is what I do every time I have this. And guess what? It surely helps. I read the Bible and pray to God...and eventually i feel signs of relief...for I know in Him nothing is impossible. And hopefully one of these days it will totally be healed. Not only me but for the rest of the people who suffered this kind of feeling. Prayers can move mountain. Let's pray one another for healing. GOD BLESS US ALL AND WILL KEEP US SAFE ALWAYS!

you may be having a reaction to stress. im only 13, but we learned about it in health. That is why the dr says it is in your head because he cant find a cause for ur symptoms. Sometimes our bodies create a physical illness due to stress itself.

You said your diaphragm hurts after eating does your right rib hurt too into your back? Could be gallbladder disease.

my symptoms are as such

my entire upper body all muscles get very tight, than i get dizzy, blurry eyed does anyone else have this problem
orfo200