I just used the bathroom and I found that I passed a green stool, this is my second one in the past month. I am curious as to whether or not stress can be a cause of this. I have been going through a lot of stress in the past month.

I am not sure about stress and green stool...although stress could be influencing many body reactions.

Green stool doesn't necessarily mean something's wrong. It could be due to eating too much green stuff.

Have you had any additional symptoms like diarrhea?

It's hard to tell with having just one symptom and without examinations. If you continue to have problems, see your GP.

Hallo,
Color of your stool is defined by the food that you eat. Sometimes when you are sick or have some digestive tract issues it may change color. But in most cases it is just affected by the food that you eat. If your stool is green it means that you have been eating more green vegetables or maybe food with food dyes. I don’t think that stress can have any effect on the color of your stool. Have you been eating spinach or maybe broccoli? They can cause the green color of the stool no matter what other food you eat. The main thing is that this can not make you sick or to cause you any trouble.

Green stool can indeed be a symptom of stress.

I have been reading everywhere on this topic and you seem to be the only one on the planet that thinks stress and stomach problems or green stools aren't linked. How exactly do you get the title 'health advisor'? Read the first paragraph of this article......then the rest of it. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

When your body reacts to stress, it causes bowel movements to be released by the body much quicker, without giving it time to pick up additional waste and bacteria, thus making it mainly bile which is greenish in color.