Hello. I'm new to this board. I'm looking for some answers regarding my 4 month old. She is 100% breastfed, and for the last week has had blood in her stools on and off. Her stools have varied between the normal, yellow seedy looking to runny green. Blood and mucus have been present in both, although not with every stool. She is acting fine otherwise, no fever, fussiness, or pain. She is eating, playing and sleeping normally, however she has been falling asleep very easily while nursing and staying asleep for a while after. Typically she will eat, play and then nap. She had her 4 month vaccines 2 days before the first bloody stool. The blood is red and there are just specs or sometimes streaks but it is pretty well mixed in with the stool. We took some samples in to the doctor yesterday and are waiting to hear back. In the meantime, does anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this and how to fix it? I did eliminate dairy from my diet for a few days to see if that was the problem. Although she has been breastfed her whole life and has never shown signs of an allergy before. Any help would be appreciated! thanks in advance.

hi there

i see you posted this a month ago. My baby is 3 months old, and has also been showing blood and mucous in her stools. Her poop was tested and came back negative, she normally gets quite fussy a day before there is blood in her stool, do not know if it is related. Doctors are now saying she is lacotose intolarent from me eating cows milk, I have cut out dairy for 2 days now, so going to see any change. Did you find out anything further from your baby?

I see these postings are a couple months back but my 5 month old is going though the exact same thing. Did either of you ever find out what was the cause and what did you do to help your little one?

THANK YOU!!

[Hi All,

My 6 month baby is also having the same symptom for a while. She had her 4th month shot and we saw the blood in her stool. Her stools are Green instead of yellow seedy. Do any one of you have any answer?

I know this was posted a few years back.. But my 5 months old daughter is going through the same thing; 5 days after her 4 months vaccinations I started noticing blood in her stool. Her stools turned from normal yellow seedy to green mucousy… Did you ever find out what was wrong with your daughter… I did stool studies and everything was normal.. I have been on the elimination diet for a week. Today we went to a GI specialist and he put me on a more intense elimination diet (no: dairy, nuts, soy, wheat, eggs, and fish) for 2 more weeks. She is 100% breastfed and never had this problem before her 4 months check up.. Any information would help.. Thank you so much for you time!

I posted this in another thread:
I have a similar issue with my son following his two month vaccinations. He had DTaP (Daptacel I think), HIB (PedvaxHIB), and PC (Prevnar 13) all at the same time. He didn't get the Rotavirus vaccination. This was his first time being vaccinated. The next morning his stool was green and streaked with bright red blood. He continued to have green stools for about three months during which time I decided to go on an elimination diet (Dr. Sears elimination diet) and start probiotics for both of us. This seemed to help somewhat but his stools have never gone back to the yellow seeded appearance pre-vaccination and he still has the occasional green and/or bloody stool. I am still on quite a restrictive diet (no dairy, egg, wheat, corn, nuts, soy, fish) and continue to EBF. We tried him on solids about a month ago but this caused green stools so we had to stop. He had the same HIB and PC vaccinations at four months but not the DTaP because the ingredients list the growth media to be modified by Casamino Acids, which is from the milk protein casein. He has not had any vaccinations since then but is due back at the doctor's office for more vaccinations later this month. I don't know what to do.

I am concerned my son will continue to have food allergies indefinitely and am concerned how he will react to future vaccinations. A lot of vaccinations are mandatory in our state (NC) with only religious exemption.

I don't know if the vaccinations played any part but I can't rule it out.

It's the vacvines. Breast milk is good for baby. Doctors are scared I'd lawsuits so they won't blame the shots that are full of toxic chemicals that are killing kids. Look into it. Ask doctor to see box of vaccines. Take insert out of box. Read it, go home..never get shots again. I es have changed. It's no longer safe. My kids are no longer getting them. They blame allergies!!! Wow these doctors are so afraid to mention if can be the ingredients injected into your 15 pound baby. Look into it. 

God bless you dear......please do ALL of your research, site your sources, etc. before spouting nonsense and scaring new mothers. Food allergies are 100% real, but vaccines are also 100% mandatory....unless you would like Measles, or say Polio, to kill or mame your child......parent's that aren't giving their children vaccines are not only placing their children at risk, but our babies that are too young for vaccines, yet........thanks for aiding in bringing down 100's if years of modern, life saving, medicine. Hope you weren't at Walt Disney recently.......

You are absolutely ridiculous. You're saying that formaldehyde, pig dna, monkey dna, some forms of aluminum, ABORED FETAL CELLS, egg protein, nut oils, crabs shoe blood (blue in color), and a bunch of other ingredients can NEVER cause a child to have blood in their stool? The egg protein in vaccines can't cause egg an allergy to it? The crabshoe blood in vaccines cant cause shellfish allergies? The nut oils in vaccines can't cause nut allergies? The formaldehyde, used on dead folks, yet also in vaccines, can cause no harm to children if injected directly into the body? I want to see how quickly youd run to the hospital if you, yourself was speckling the toilet with feces AND blood. Yet when a NEWBORN does this, "it's a milk allergy, it's something you ate, get on this specific diet". NO, that baby is vaccine injured! Stop completely or delay that schedule. Asap. She wasn't scaring anyone with her cmoment. She was simply stating that YOU ALL should read up yourselves. I bet you didn't know more than 3 of the ingredients I named off. But yet were uneducated and don't care about kids. Gtfo

And they are not "100% mandatory", DEAR, not at all. Maybe you should stop spouting ignorant comments at people when you know nothing on the subject. Vaccines are recently only mandatory in 4 states as of today, but were NEVER 100% mandatory. Sheesh.