Ok so first off let me start off with my whole story, I'm a 19 year old male, just turned 19 5 days ago. Anyway the first time I ever got high was 4/20 the summer of my freshman year in high school (the year would be 08 and i was 14 i think). After that i rapidly developed a stoner-kind of love for smoking weed. Over the next year my smoking became increasingly frequent so that by the next summer I was a full fledged stoner (blunts bowls bongs anything multiple times a day EVERY DAY). This behavior lasted for me for about 3 years of hardcore smoking until up about two months ago. 

Here is where the story gets complicated so please bare with me. Two months ago I a friend of mine hit me up to hang out late at night, I went over to his house BUT before i went over I stopped at Jack in the Box, the fast food chain for a heaping helping of unhealthy c**p. Now fast forward to about an hour after i had eaten, we are hanging out, getting kind of high when all of a sudden my head starts feeling unexplainably weird and I felt massive discomfort (this is the only way I can describe how I was feeling). I begun to feel light headed and eventually passed out on my friends bathroom floor. My body had passed out and I was on the floor in a world of black literally thinking that I was feeling myself dying. 
When I came to I was extremely disoriented and even had thought that I had gotten alcohol poisoning or overdosed on a drug, it took me about a minute to remember what had actually happened and for the next 10-15 minutes I felt absolutely horrible and like it was going to happen again. The only medical help I've gotten since is a check-up and an EEG, both of which were apparently fine BUT here's the catch.

I started to develop extreme anxiety that resulted in probably about 6-7 full fledged panic attacks, then I started noticing something. The panic attacks only happened when I was high. Needless to say when i realized this i instantly put down all forms of weed and quit cold turkey. The quitting was especially easy because before i had made this connection I realized something else. And that is that my highs weren't ANYTHING like they used to be. I used to love to smoke and play video games or guitar or watch southpark and laugh my ass off but i begun noticing that every time i was high after the passing out incident I would literally want to do NOTHING. I had several instances of smoking, feeling uncomfortable and distracted, and literally turning off the xbox 360 to just sit and do NOTHING. So i quit pot and the day after experienced my longest and worst panic attack ever (it was about 5 hours long from 10AM - 3 or 4 in the afternoon). But, i Lived.

Now fast forward to today, literally a day away from one month of quitting and im not sure how far I've come. While the full fledged panic attacks are gone I still feel an extreme amount of anxiety, so much that today I had to leave work saying I felt sick only an hour after arriving there. I get headaches and what also happened today that has been happening rather frequently lately, and that really scares me is I feel alot of pressure in my head that can sometimes be painful (especially in the back of my head), coupled with feeling really weak. I feel tired alot and I've even experienced a couple incidences of numbness (the last one being on the Central bus in my hometown after having a mini panic attack about boarding it in the first place). All feeling of numbness seem to occur only in moving vehicles, weather or not I am driving (both scenarios have happened). Food doesn't settle right with me some days, and I often times have been blowing off my friends to stay inside where I feel safe and where family members are near.
In addition to quitting weed I have drastically altered my diet to a much healthier way of eating than I had previously been practicing that includes alot of oatmeal, hardboiled eggs (breakfast), stir fry, and meat salads (lunch and dinner) and fruits and vegetables. I sometimes feel that part of what I've been feeling is my body adjusting to a new chemical balance, both in my diet and in my smoking habits, which are now gone.

My question really is this, how many of these symptoms have others felt when weening off of/quitting weed and how many do you think are actual health concerns that need a doctors opinion? Considering that I live in Albuquerque, NM and its been hotter than HELL for the past two months, the passing out could be little more than dehydration/heat sickness, and the shitty food that I ate. But I still want some input from the people who have gone through quitting weed and what your experiences were.

Thank you all for reading again I know that that was long as HELL but i feel it needed to be to accurately describe what I've been feeling lately and again thank you so much for any input!!!

I've been feeling the same exact way you've been feeling! I quit smoking weed about 2 weeks ago and had 2 panic attacks ever since. My symptoms are: I feel uncomfortable when I leave the house if I'm not with my family so I've been not chilling with my friends much either. I get headaches all the time and sometimes normal things look unreal to me. Weakness, chest pain, stomach pain. I've lost 10 pounds since quitting and I literally have to force myself to eat cause I have no desire to eat anything. I also get numb and sometimes it feels like its hard for me to breathe. 
Now the symptoms aren't so bad and I feel better everyday.
Some things that helped me were breathing exercises...you might feel ridiculous doing it at first but if you practice breathing exercises then you can use it when you start to feel anxious and it'll help your body calm down.
I've also been doing yoga and exercising (I used to be lazy as hell so it's a big change for me haha) exercising/sweating is a good way to lower anxiety and get rid of all the marijuana stored in your fat cells.
Try to drink 8 cups of water everyday and in between you should try to drink things like Vitamin Water, powerade or Gatorade (anything that says it has electrolytes in it) That'll help with headaches, dizzyness.
Try to find things that keep your mind busy like reading, listening to music, cleaning. It might not be easy at first but the more you practice distracting yourself from the anxiety the easier it will get.
Whenever I start to feel anxious I just tell myself its all in my mind and as long as I dont think about it I wont have a panic attack. 
Hope I helped and feel free to ask me any more questions or if you wanna just talk about it!

So, I've been smoking weed since I was 13 or 14. One day, out of the blue, I was driving in my friend mom's mini van and had an extreme panic attack. I was a heavy smoker, At the end of my weed smoking, between me and my boyfriend we were smoking an ounce or more a week. I kept smoking after my first panic attack but they became more and more frequent. About a month and a half ago I stopped smoking because I couldnt do it anymore. A week after I hadn't smoked I experienced my first panic attack while sober. Ever since then I've been extremely anxious and have atleast one a day. I've been to the doctor and they've diagnosed me with "panic disorder". I've always thought it might have been the weed though and you aren't the first person who's had these symptoms after you stop smoking. I'm really beginning to believe it's the fact that I stopped smoking and I just want to know when it's going to end, lol. If it continues I'd go to the doctor but all they will do is give you antdepressants or benzodpines and call it a day. They'll proaly also suggest therapy. I'm just glad to know that I'm not the only one who's experienced this.

Heyyyy my names Lindsay and I'm sixteen and for three years I was a very heavy smoker, I went a little crazy over the past year got involved with tons of drinking every night, some cocaine, getting barred out, smoking fake bake or scentsy or whatever you wanna call it and so clearly it was about time I chilled out an so I went back to smoking just weed, and oneday over this summer I was smoking and started having panic attacks everytime I smoked by myself and it was the thing that helped me decide to quit smoking weed which has always been one of my biggest problems. Giving up my pot. I decided it was time, I don't want it to be apart of my life forever so I went completely sober. And the past six months I discovered the anxiety and panic attacks I was having were related to DP/DR depersonalization and derealization feeling as if I do not exist and like everything around me isnt real and like I've lost touch with reality. I've come to the conclusion that the anxiety is an effect of long term smoking, and that for so long I'd smoke all my worries away and use everything as a way to forget about my worries but now I've grown like immune to it all, Id built a tolerance and now I'm having to learn a new way to cope with feelings and such and it's triggered anxiety and panic attacks. I'm still trying to learn more about it and how to deal with it but trust me the doctors and all will not be able to help the pills and medicine does nothing but make it worse.

I'm going thru this right now and u guys gave me hope and made me feel optimistic! THANK YOU GUYS FOR SHARING YOUR STORY GOD BLESS YOU WE ALL NEED HOPE :)so help someone, U might give them hope

Hi Cman,

I have been going through something I similar, I started smoking 3 years ago, and quickly increased my usage to become a heavy smoker, I smoked some strong sh*t, some of it homegrown. 6 months ago I started acting weird, then I got some crazy muscle spasms in my chest and then started to get panic attacks/anxiety every time i smoked. It took me 6 months to quit as I was living with my partner who was determined to continue. I eventually stopped 4 weeks ago after my chest went numb from only a small joint, I felt like I was vibrating on the inside, then this wave of of numbness travelled up through my neck and to my head. I had an ECG and some other tests the following morning, everything checked out. Since then, at first, I was too paranoid to walk up stairs as I thought it was going to put too much pressure on my heart, I couldn't exercise for same reason (but I did push myself to do so bit by bit). Over the last 4 or 5 weeks i have felt many muscle pains, chest tightness, arm pain, illogical fear of heart problems, slight dizziness, tiredness, insomnia from anxiety. Much like yourself, I find myself distracted at work and struggle to overcome dark thoughts of heart issues and such, which come in the form of anxiety and panic and the more I think about them at such times - the worse they psuedo symptoms become.I also find that when I smoke a cigarette is triggers an episode, whereas when I was still smoking weed, a regular cigarette wouldn't trigger anything.. so something odd is definately going on. Also, I too have rectified my diet, which wasn't too bad anyway, but now its superHere are my thoughts on what's going on:1. my body was constantly in relaxed mode, now my muscles are not relaxed, they are having to work much harder.2. the common stoners cough that we all get put a lot of stress on chest muscles3. as Im not smoking those muscles will need time and exercise to heal, stregthen and stop feeling strained4. Tobacco as a stimulant sets off anxiety issues5. Hangovers cause anxiety too due to chemical or hormonal imbalances6. Stressful situations (the need for finding new ways to deal with as described by previous poster) can trigger pressure/anxiety that strains muscles and thus leads to the vicious circle of stress, tension, anxiety, pain, more anxiety.. etc7. Sometimes it can just hit for no apparent reason and you gotta ride it out and find distraction, dont think about it - logically not thinking about a health issue is not going to make it worse.. so what do you have to lose. Find a way anwyay to avoid thinking about it.I also think that posture is a big part of muscle strains, headaches, pains and things related, I too played xbox for a long time while high, and as such I began to slouch a lot more than I used to, now that I my muscles are no longer relaxed from smoking, they are being used in ways they are not used to. Anyone who is suffering from muscle pains, chest tightness, I suggest an anti inflammotory muscle painkiller. As far asI know this would not help your pain if it was heart related (which has been my biggest concern) and the relief might give you time to chill out a bit and find a way to cope with issues. Also, take a hot bath, practice yoga (careful it may cause further muscle pain int he early stages - something I just found out, but only after getting more anxious about chest pain until I realised it was to do with yoga)Cut out all coffee and tea too.Regarding stomach issues, I found myself to have acid reflux as well and on some days the pain from this mirrors heart problems. If you think this could be you, cut down on soda and fizzy beer. and try having greek yoghurt with meals, it should help your digestion. Find a new hobby that requires detailed attention such as drawing etc, go for walk, make sure you to put yourself in social situations, even its just sitting on a park bench near other people, you need to learn to get live life again. I know this for sure, my father gave in 30 years ago and has since barely left the house. It's all about challenging yourself. And remember that when you're in public, if something was to happen to you, most members of public are decent people and someone will help you. Remember to hydrate and focus on anything that cheers you up. That's all I can think of right now. I do hope it helps.Ps. I would like to know how your symptoms are going now.. maybe give me some hope..pps. the formatting vanished in this post. Sorry!

I had a panic attack about THREE weeks ago , one of the few where I knew exactly what was happening during the first moments. I felt like my heart was bursting out of my chest, and I also felt a weird thumping on the right side of my chest that I've never felt before. I think the MAIN REASON why the panic attack continued for the 15 minutes that it did, was because I compared my 'symptoms' to that of a heart attack. I distinctly remember thinking that my chest felt like it was 'tightening', and I even felt a numbing sensation in my arm (all symptoms of a heart attack). Because I knew this was a panic attack and not a heart attack, I simply thought to myself "I know exactly what this is, and it's NOT a heart attack, and I KNOW I have nothing to worry about". After I thought this, my heart rate returned to normal and I stopped sweating/shaking. IT'S ALL IN THE MIND! DON'T LET YOUR MIND TRICK YOU INTO THINKING THAT SOMETHING SERIOUS IS HAPPENING WHEN IN REALITY IT'S NOTHING! The main reason why people have panic attacks is because they allow a small change in heart rate or a really deep/negative thought to sway their mind into believing something more serious is occurring. When I thought to myself that I know this is a STUPID panic attack and not a heart attack, the panic subsided very quickly. While thinking these thoughts, I found it very relaxing to lie down, take deep breathes and drink water. I do not recommend physical activity as some people mentioned, because I felt a sense of light-headedness/dizziness , and have personally experienced fainting (not from a panic attack).

If you have confidence in your ability to control your own mind, and change negativity to positivity, then you have complete control over your body and heart.

"EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY IN THE END.IF IT`S NOT OKAY, IT`S NOT THE END."

:) We`re all the same dudes!

if you want to ask some question .. just reply .. I`ll check this topic everyday.. YOU`RE NOR ALONE DUDE! ^^

I had a panic attack about three weeks ago, one of the few where I knew exactly what was happening during the first moments. I felt like my heart was bursting out of my chest, and I also felt a weird thumping on the right side of my chest that I've never felt before. I think the MAIN REASON why the panic attack continued for the 15 minutes that it did, was because I compared my 'symptoms' to that of a heart attack. I distinctly remember thinking that my chest felt like it was 'tightening', and I even felt a numbing sensation in my arm (all symptoms of a heart attack). Because I knew this was a panic attack and not a heart attack, I simply thought to myself "I know exactly what this is, and it's NOT a heart attack, and I KNOW I have nothing to worry about". After I thought this, my heart rate returned to normal and I stopped sweating/shaking. IT'S ALL IN THE MIND! DON'T LET YOUR MIND TRICK YOU INTO THINKING THAT SOMETHING SERIOUS IS HAPPENING WHEN IN REALITY IT'S NOTHING! The main reason why people have panic attacks is because they allow a small change in heart rate or a really deep/negative thought to sway their mind into believing something more serious is occurring. When I thought to myself that I know this is a STUPID panic attack and not a heart attack, the panic subsided very quickly. While thinking these thoughts, I found it very relaxing to lie down, take deep breathes and drink water. I do not recommend physical activity as some people mentioned, because I felt a sense of light-headedness/dizziness , and have personally experienced fainting (not from a panic attack).

we`re all the same dudes! :)

just reply ! I`ll check this topic everyday..

it's all in the weed i believe. maybe some underlying anxiety was there before all the drug use but it was never as bad or induced to how it is now. only a few have gone through as crazy and scary of experiences as i have but you just gotta tell yourself it's all in your head and just focus on the future. dwelling on the past hurts and worsens it all and the future could go either way. i've dropped acid about 8 times. the 4th time i went overboard  on the doses. but it started out great. it wasn't until the friend i was tripping with started smoking bowl after bowl and i kept smoking with him. then i went into a panic attack. i recovered pretty well from it but felt a little shaken up. also smoked a lot of weed after that and it didnt help. i started cutting back a lot and my anxiety started to worsen. i tripped one last time, only problem there was i decided to try smoking meth for the first and last time earlier that day. i didn't know i'd be doing either but it happened that way. i didn't even think about the results of acid and meth mixed together since i hardly noticed any effects of the meth by the time i got asked if i wanted to drop any acid. and it was only 1.5 tabs. every other time i took 2 or more. anyways the night started off good. we smoked a little bit of weed and i was having fun but apparently seemed a little confused or not quite all there for some parts. we had to leave my friends apartment and go to a different one during the come up of the trip. after getting there i remember having fun and smoking weed. then i began getting confused. i would start panicking thinking something really bad happened or was going to happen. i didn't know what it was. i thought it was my friend with me that died or was injured. i ran around outside yelling his name. i even thought my car was his and that i was supposed to move it and i sped around who knows where until i left it at a gas station. the neighbors called the police since i was disturbing their peace. the police arrived and it sent me into a panic that could not get any worse. there were 6 officers and they didn't know how to stop me and arrest me. they even tried tazing me and all i would do was fall down and get right back up in a panic induced psychosis. somehow they ended up knocking me out cold bleeding all over the ground suffering a severe traumatic brain injury. now here's the whole point of the story. i dont remember the first week and half after this but the days i did start to remember were nice. i was still edgy sometimes. the first week i couldnt really talk. after that i started making sentences and even begged for pot from my anti drug mother lol. i was certainly going through marijuana withdrawals but it was only craving. my brain was completely reset from the injury. most of the time i just felt happy and bliss to be there. and for no reason either. i had complete confidence in everything and projected my voice and stood up perfectly straight instead of being the quiet shy guy i used to be. not a single bit of worry even though i knew i was in a lot of trouble. after i got home i found some weed to smoke. my anxiety immediately came back. i smoked about once or twice a week for the next couple months and the anxiety just got worse and worse. during the middle of that time i had a bad panic attack for the first time just from weed. it was related to my first bad trip and it shook me up worse than the bad trip itself did (not the bad trip that resulted in the injury). the last trip i barely remember any of it so it didn't induce much more anxiety at all. that's just my story. i kept trying to stop smoking weed but kept relapsing every time i had the chance. it's only been about a week now but i have eliminated almost all the chances i have for smoking and i plan on keeping it that way. everyday i wish i could go back to the days i first started recovering where i felt so safe and secure. i wish i could reset my brain again. but there is no healthy or safe way to do that other than wait. meditating also helps if you're anxiety isn't through the roof. just thought i'd share this whole story with you all to really put an impression with good reason for why we should quit smoking weed. the younger you are the better of a chance you have to recover. your brain is still developing all the way till the age of around 25. i'm 19. it really helped with my recovery from my injury according to the doctors. it should apply to weed also. i havent tried this yet but maybe some natural herbs/supplements can really help mellow out the anxiety as well from what i hear. just do what it takes and most importantly, be patient and good luck

I have had a similar incident as your black out incident. I had been a very busy beaver all summer long, riding my bike a mile or more a day, working full time at a pet store cleaning all the cages and caring for the animals, and partying a lot with friends. I call it the best summer of my life. This one day we had a visitor at the party house I lived at more than where my bed lived. I didn't know him but everyone else did so I thought nothing of it when he rolled up a blunt for us to share up in the loft. I remember taking this big hit, (I had been a daily smoker, mostly on than off for 5 years then), I kinda felt woozy. I hadn't been eating right back then, that summer, before I had gotten the job I largely relied on other people to feed me, hence why I was so attached to that party house! Anyway. I felt woozy and I realized I hadn't eaten yet that day so I went down stairs to get some milk. I also had some sort of sinus infection going on at the same time btw. So I took the milk out, and before I could even unscrew the top, everything streaked to black (the streaks were probably the best my vision could to to report to me we were falling. When I woke up the milk jug was next to me, and my face hurt. I didn't smoke any more. My girlfriend, who smoked even more of that blunt than I had was fine. She took me to the super market to get some food and at the cash register I felt like I might pass out again. My blood pressure kept dropping and I could not understand why. I called a doctor the next morning (I felt fine except for the sinus pressure). She told me the infection must have caused fluid build up in my ear and caused the fainting spells. Not the marijuana. I took some sinus meds and did not feel faint again. I hope that my story helps. I don't think weed made me pass out because it has never happened again and I have continued to smoke daily (sans for a few months here and there to detox for a job, or lower my tolerance)

This is actually very interesting. I'm 16 years old. I started smoking on 4/20 of last year as well. I overtime began to smoke more and more, to the point where I was doing it several times every weekend (strange, but that's because I only smoked when I went to a certain friend's house every weekend). over last Christmas Break, I smoked everyday for 3 weeks straight. I quit around January 5th. And ever since I've had extreme anxiety since about half a week after quitting. The worst symptoms are chest pain, without a doubt. I fear of my heart constantly, and it always makes the anxiety worse. My other symptoms are constant muscle tension (feeling my neck and back pop almost every time I get up from sitting from a long period of time), tingling in my legs and feet, rapid heartbeat, dizziness, and a terrifying feeling of impending doom. I think Marijuana caused this anxiety, something that I never really had too much of a problem with. I'm thinking I'm in withdrawal. Is this what it looks like? I haven't smoked since I quit but still hang around friends that do it on occasion.

I will love to know how everybody is doing now and how long it has being that you guys dont do drugs???and kind of how long this withdrawals effect last? Thank you!!!!! 

I know this is an old post, but still. One does not simply just say something like that to someone that is suffering from severe health anxiety. If you had any idea of the thoughts you are starting in his head with those words, u would never, i repeat NEVER, have said it. You obviously havnt had to deal with anxiety, but man let me tell you its hard. I wouldnt wish this hell upon my worst enemy. Waking up in the morning wondering if ur going to live through the day or going to sleep at night with the thought of never waking up again. Chest pains all day long that your brain is telling you are heart attacks. I am not kidding, dont ever type anything like that again, when people are having problems with anxiety, it really doesnt take much for them to do drastical things. Peace out.

I was smoking weed about a week ago and suddenly i was high out of this world. Idk of the wees was laced or what but my heart rate was at 200bpm and the past week I've been having mini anxiety attacks. I was just wondering if this will ever go away because its gettin really scary for me.