Hi, as my grandfather is so often having bleeding inside eye, I am starting to worry about his health. Is it sign of stroke? What could be other symptoms?

Hi, a stroke happens suddenly, it is not something that is going on for longer time. It occurs when a blood vessel that supplies blood to the brain is blocked by a blood clot. As nerve cells need constant supply of oxygen, they are damaged instantly and may die within a few hours. Since nerve cells are not functioning any more, the part of the body controlled by the impaired part of brain has no longer it’s functions as before. Bleeding in eyes is not a usual symptom for stroke, it’s more expected to have vision problems, such as double vision or loss of vision. The most common symptom however is paralysis of the face, arm, or leg, especially on one side of the body.

Not all strokes are due to blood clots, 15-20 percent are due to weakened blood vessel walls that hemorrhage into the brain. Could eye bleeding be an early warning of this type of stroke?

I have woken up four times in the past year to find my right eye crusted with blood and blood on the pillow. I can't tell whether the blood is coming from the eye or the eye socket. What is happening?