Hello, I would like to hear some advice regarding vasovagal syncope, condition my sister (23 years old) suffers from. When do fainting episodes in this condition usually start? I guess I want to help her any way I can even with some useful info. So, did anyone have any experience with that?

Well, there are numerous causes for that condition. And to find the right one, I guess she will have to undergo several tests and examinations. As for the fainting, there are usually some signs before the episodes that might warn her of the incoming attack. Those are warmth feeling, weakness, nausea, yawning, sweating, blurred vision etc…

Hello there,

Vasovagal syncope, as you have probably already know because your sister has been diagnosed with it, is the most common cause of fainting.

This condition occurs when your body overreacts to triggers. For example if you see blood or injection or you happen to find yourself under some extreme emotional distress. Result of this is short loss of consciousness which is caused by a sudden drop in your heart rate and blood pressure. When this happens the blood flow to your brain is reduced too.

This condition is harmless and there is no need for treatment. But there is a chance that your sister injures herself during episode of vasovagal syncope.  I hope this was helpful.