i am a healthy active 22 year old male who is in college and for two years my heart has fluttered a bit. But for the last five day it has Skipped and fluttered quite a bit and it even goes bang sometimes (the best I could describe that) Then it goes away for a while and comes back when I'm not moving around as much. What could be causing this I'm sure if this has gone on for this long I would have died already. Now i haven't been out of breather anything. Now when I was younger I had asthma but I haven't had a problem with that. So help me out thanks

Hi Camaro,

A common cause of "flutter" is excessive caffeine intake.  They are common and usually harmless.

Are you drinking much soda or coffee?  Tea?  How about "energy drinks?"  Stress, anxiety, fever, nicotine, even exercise can cause these.  Other more serious concerns would be dehydration, low potassium, or low blood sugar.  Certain medications and drugs can cause this as well.

Hope it helps.

I do drink a lit of abalone which I stopped drinking for two days and I couldn't notice a difference. But when I went for a run two days ago my heart was beating normal that night and yesterday. Today I have had some flutters though. Why would it stop?

Snapple I mean stupid auto correct on my iPhone.

You aren't having any chest pains, numbness in your fingers/hands, blurring of vision?  Anything?

It may be that your running helped reduce your stress level.  Check the label on the Snapple for caffeine too.
Drink more water, keep getting your exercise in, and get some good sleep.  Lay off the caffeine containing drinks for a few days and see what happens.

Again, this is common but it can be a bit disconcerting.