B12 levels are what interest me. Are they efficient in showing if someone is suffering from anemia? My sister, 35 years of age has just been doing her regular yearly medical check up, and her B12 level was extremely low. Doctors are doing some addition tests, and she will get the results tomorrow. I do not know how she connected anemia with B12 levels, but that though cannot leave my mind now.

If we are talking about B12 levels, normal lower limit would be 200 pg/ml. If the levels are higher, such as between one hundred and fifty and three hundred, these level must be confirmed with secondary markers (surrogate ones). Yes, low B12 level could be the symptom of macrocytic anemia. The best treatment for this condition is B12 vitamin, of course. Still, this condition was not confirmed yet, so we will wait for those results.