:'( I am very sad about this I went an got my progesterone levels checked on the 23 of a 29 day cycle,the nurse called back an told me it was 5.5 which was low... I had a miscarriage in march an I am really wanting to be able to recieve my blessing. Is it possible I ovulated this month with such low levels :'( ???

Hi hon: Progesterone is created mainly by your ovaries, it starts building up just before ovulation and gets higher and higher the last 2 weeks of your cycle. So you ARE ovulating, it's just that your progesterone levels are low. This "naturally" happens in women in their mid 30's and starts droping lower and lower till menopause when it is 0. As I'm sure you know, a woman need progesterone to keep the embryo/fetus viable!! Has your doctor mentioned giving you progestin medications? Can I ask how old you are? Just know that you ARE ovulating, it just might be harder for you to conceive. Hopefully you have a doctor that is helping you with this. Good luck and health!

Im 23.An the nurse just told me to call back when my period starts...(which is a day late) But Im sure is coming.

Hi there, I know that you just posted this a day ago but your thread really broke my heart because you seemed so sad. I just wanted to pop in here and say that I'm rooting for you and I hope that you do well and please let us know what you find out as soon as possible. From there we can talk about your options and see what else is in store for you okay? Just keep us updated and stay strong because I know that you are going to be just fine whatever happens, okay?

Thanks alot for your concern, I will keep everyone updated...

Hi there--did your period actually come? I am curious to find out how you are doing now.

No my period still has not arrived, which was due on the 28. I spoke with the nurse an she said that since my level was 5.5 I was not ovulating prior to the test which I took on the 22 of june. she said if I was ovulating it would have been 11 or higher. So she said If i did get pregnant it had to be after the test. I took a pregnancy test this morning an it came back negative. :-( I'm so confused................. %-)

Hi honey! I think you need to have a good talk with your doctor. He/she can put you on Clomid or Metformine! Both of these have great success's of increasing your progesterone levels and your chances of a good ovulation. Also if you think about it hon, and the nurse is right that you might be pregnant after the test, you would be in REALLY early stages of being pregnant So don't worry about that for now. Ask for an appointment and get some advice on he next step! This is YOUR body and don't take mediocre advice from any nurse or doctor OK?

Thanks alot for all your help..My period still hasnt came so im going to give it till monday then Im going to make an appt to figure out whats the next best step.....Thanks alot, your responses means alot to me!!!

You're welcome hone! just know your not alone, if you check out some of my other posts there are a lot of women your age that are dealing with this issue right now!

I think that sounds like a good plan! Be sure to come back after your appointment to let us know how you're doing, okay?

My period finally came on july the fifth which was cycle day 35 which was very strange to me. My doc wants to do another test on day 21 he think maybe we tested to early 8-| but im not sure if my period is going to come at the appropiate time this month... Is there something else he should be doing? I am thinking about changing ob/Gyn. Im so confused ? : :-(

Actually hon this IS a good thing. It means that your progesterone was high enough to start your ovulation and period!!!! So look at it positvely. Now about your doctor, IF you didn't feel comfortable or not getting what you need then by all means leave. When I went through terrible trauma after my 1st child I swear I saw 5 Ob/Gyn's then I found a WONDERFUL one that actually helped me and got me almost back to normal. So I always tell everyone, "don't take mediocre when dealing with your health" so if you feel like a change is needed then do so! He might not be up on the most recent improvements for fertility! If you have a womens hospital near you, give them a call for phone numbers of Ob/Gyn's in your area that are taking patients. That's how I found my guy!

Hello everyone I came on my period on july 5th which was day 35.(which was strange for me.) I called the doctor an they said maybe we tested to early thats why it may have been so low. An they want to re test on day 21 but im not sure my period will come on my regular scheduled 29 day cycle or day 35. They are not really giving me much advice. Is there something they should be doing???? An do anyone think its time for a new ob/gyn. If u looked at my other post you probably noticed that I said they werent much help when I had the miscarriage in march an they are now giving me much info now....Is there something else I should be doing, im so confused ?

Hi hon: I just reread your posts just to get familiar! And I just thought of something, they tested you on day 25 of a 29 day cylce, BUT you are a 35 day cylce!!!! So that was 6 days too early and that would be why your Progesterone levels would have been lower.

There's nothing else YOU can be doing hon, your following all what the doctor told you - which obviously isn't very much. You do need to find someone different! After your loss and your recent concerns, he should be REALLY on the ball for you! I mean heck it's not like he does any other specialty!!!!! So find someone new!

I have to tell you something that has happened to me this week! I have had VERY weird physical problems all my life! I have doctor after doctor say "this is very perculiar etc etc" my youngest son was born disabled and when he was 4 was diagnosed with a certain syndrome. So when my eldest son started showing signs of something and I did too the doctors just said that we had it as well!! I just accepted that. So I went to see a new doctor the other day, he started looking at different parts of my body and asking me questions about if I had this or that when I was younger?! Each time I answered yes, then he turned to me and said you have .... Syndrome. So we started talking about my boys, he is setting up an appointment for both of them and myself to have genetic testing. And then can determine what exactly we do have!! So after 45 years - granted all of these new tests have come along way etc - but I FINALLY have a doctor that can put all the pieces together and get myself and my children some help! And what he told me I will tell you "With ALL that you have had, SOMEONE REALLY wasn't doing their job and dropped the ball with you!"

I think that is what is happening with you, you need fresh eyes and you need to have some respect and for you to find someone to put the jigsaw pieces together. So all you need to do right now hon, is get a new specialist. And DEMAND some answers, and like I said before "DO NO take medicority when it's your health" OK? Good luck hon and let us know how you are doing!