I am curious what could be the cause of low potassium on blood test and am wondering if this low blood potassium could be the cause of my high blood pressure that I have started treated recently? Anyway I would never think of my potassium levels but it is just that recently I suddenly started feeling weird-I suffer from vomiting and frequent diarrhea and even I got dehydrated once so I was advised to have some blood test and it turned out yesterday I have low potassium on blood test and this actually have caused my fatigue and diarrhea problem. Anyway what I wanted to hear is if it is possible that high blood pressure have caused me this low potassium results on my blood test and how am I suppose to deal with this problem.

I would say your low potassium on blood test is actually the result of your hypertension treatment so it is not like your current condition low potassium related is directly connected to your high blood pressure. I assume in fact you are probably taking some meds to control your hypertension but since they are usually about to be taking along with diuretics I suppose the diuretics you take have caused you this low potassium on your blood test. So if you keep going like this you are at risk of developing hypokalemia-condition manifested in very low potassium rates on blood tests and the only way to fix this is to enrich your diet with potassium and also taking potassium supplements. And maybe better low potassium treatment opt would be changing your actual diuretics with another ones known as potassium-sparing diuretics such as Inspra or Dyrenium for these are not likely to cause you these side effects especially regarding low potassium.

How doeseating grapefruit influence the potassium content of the blood?