Hi, my husband has lower back arthritis, with severe pain. What are possible complications and how to prevent further progression of the disease?

Hi, I have low back pain for years now, and it is not curable like other neurological ailments. It becomes worse with aging and I am worried about managing my condition in a few years. It can be disabling, and cause missing from the job. Most occurrences of lower back relieves within a few days. Sometimes, it goes to more serious condition. Some positions or repeating some movement makes you feel the painful spot again and again. I usually take Diclofen and Pronison to treat arthritis. I hope I will manage to keep my condition under control like this and there would be no need for cortison injections.

I am 24 years old and at 23 the discovered that I have authrirtis in my lower back, at 23 can you believe I am diginosed with something my 70 year old grandma was just diagnosed with a couple years ago! I was so much in shock and just mad at the world, but i too have very much pain in my lower back. I am at a complete loss at what to do!
They sent me to a pain specialist, and all the due is fill me up on percocet pain killer, that I have come to find that I just have to take more and more of them every day. And that does me no good cause then I run out of my script before I can get a new one. i refuse to become a pain pill junkie becasue I have two beautiful children to look after, and they are my intire world!!!!!! The started me on prednizone but I am very scared it's not going to do much for me and that I will live the rest of my life on his heating pad on my couch for the rest of my life till it iventally kills me from the pain!!
I am scared for me, my children, and my husband of what will become of me over the next five years or so, But no doctor will touch me!

Signed
Broken Heart