I am hoping someone can please help me!  My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for a few months now... However, this past period has been very weird.  I got my period the day after I was supposed to this month but it only lasted a day or two and it was very LIGHT bleeding and cramps which is abnormal for me.  It stopped for about four days and then I started noticing small clots of blood and light bleeding along with lower back pain and lower abdominal pain.  I made a doctors appointment and he did a pelvic exam and said as far as he can tell everything seems normal but would like me to come back and do an ultra sound just to be sure... However, I do not want to go due to financial issues.  It has now been about 2 weeks that I have been having spotting, light cramps, although today they are much worse, head aches, and tiredness.  I have not been nauseated and I have not had a fever or anything... Has this happened to anyone before??? I am just so worried that whatever this is will stop me from being able to get pregnant.  My Mom keeps telling me it is normal but I am worried.  Please post back!

you have a painful periods called dysmenorrhea,but how old are you?this is a very common condition in women under the age of 25years,hav you been pregnant before?does ur blood clots associated with ur periods?this also could be DUB,dysfunctional uterine bleeding,i need more history information of ur condition,dnt get panic over this, this is not a serious condition at all,plz explain me when did this started?associated with pain?color of the clots?smelly or not?

Up until a few months ago when my husband and I tried getting pregnant, I always had regular periods.  I also have always had very painful cramping which if I do not take something for it I can barley move.  This month was different... I had cramps but not as bad and only bled a very little bit.  Then it went away and then came back.  The past two weeks that I have been bleeding (after my actual period) it has been very light, started out with red bed clots then slowly went to brown.  Now I can only see a little brown color in my discharge like it is going away (finally).  I was not sure if maybe my body tried to become pregnant but it didn't hold?  I wasn't sure if that would have anything to do with this.  This morning I woke up with more cramping but purely on my right side.  I have also noticed on the days I work out, I will bleed a little more then if I don't.  I have not noticed any smell from it besides normal period smell.  I have never been pregnant before... we have just been trying for the past few months and no luck and then this.  I have never had clots before with my period (well maybe a little bit but not much at all... not like this.)  These clots were not huge... just mucus looking with red at first then slowly to brown.  I just want it to go away... and not sure if getting the ultra sound from the doctor would be the right thing to do?  I have called the nurse several times to try and find out why he wanted to do this ultra sound and she said just to look at my uterus line?  Thanks for your response and look forward to hearing more from you now that you know more... any more questions just ask.

Also... ever since this has happened I have had EXTREME bloating and some weight gain.  I work out a lot and no matter what I do right now my stomach is sticking out like I am pregnant and my clothes are tighter on me... but when I went to the doctors they did a pregnancy test and it was negative.

Sounds like you have fibroids somewhere in the uterus your best bet is an ultra sound especially if your trying to get pregnant this can cause early miscarriages.

are fibroids bad can they be cured?