My mother died few years ago of ovarian cancer. Doctors discover her problem when everything was too late, and they could not help her. I guess you can understand why I am worried about this now, because I felt lower back pain. That reminds me I could catch this terrible disease, so I would like to hear more about ovarian cancer symptoms and is that connected with lower back pain?

Ovarian cancer symptoms are often subtle and easily confused with symptoms for some other disorders. That is the biggest problem for diagnosing ovarian cancer. Unfortunately, in most cases, women do not recognize the symptoms. I have to say also that too often doctors lack sufficient awareness to diagnose the disease. The tragic result is that too many women never have a chance against ovarian cancer, as your mother experienced. Symptoms you have to pay attention are pressure or bloating in your abdomen. If you notice constant and progressive changes in bowel or bladder patterns, and persistent digestive problems, you could think about seeing a doctor. Ongoing excessive fatigue and abnormal bleeding, pain during intercourse are just more symptoms ovarian cancer can cause. In cases where ovarian cancer is detected before it has spread beyond the ovaries, almost every women will survive longer than five years. Since you are under risk, because you have family history of ovarian, breast or colon cancer, and not bearing a child, I could recommend you to visit your doctor if you notice those symptoms, but lower back pain for now is not confirmed as ovarian cancer symptom.

I have had pain in my womb (feels like the left ovary area), buttock and back for a year now. The pain is always on the left and is a dull aching pain. I have had a ultrasound but this was normal Previously I had leep surgery could the pain be related to that, or something completely different.

I've had severe pain in my lower back (left side) for at least 3 months.

I've been extremely tired/fatigued for the past year. At first I thought it was from stress, since I had been extremely busy flying abroad back and forth throughout the year to take care of my Mother who had cancer in Panama.

Six months ago I had some blood work (thyroid tests) done because I was really concerned about my extreme fatigue. Imagine waking up exhausted before you even get out of bed. The tests came back normal. However, my lower back pain has increased and the fatigue is still there. I wake up exhausted even before I've gotten up. It's quite debilitating.

Yesterday I took a six hour nap while my husband watched our baby, and I woke up still exhausted as if I had never rested. I think there's something seriously wrong, so...

Today I made an appointment to see my OB/GYN since I'm afraid it could be ovarian cancer or endometriosis. I had fibroids removed 3 years ago (surgeries), so it's better to be safe than sorry...

Make an appointment with YOUR ob/gyn ASAP.

It's important to catch these diseases early, or at least to find out for sure what's wrong, and treat it if necessary.