Hello. I'm 34 year old female and I'm pretty scared right now because I don’t know what the hell is going on with me.
First, I would like to tell that I have never had any problems with my back but I wish I could tell it right now. About a week ago I started to suffer from some really strange symptoms. Not only that I have developed some back disorder but the pain is only present after eating. Could you believe this? It is also connected with the size of meal. For example, if I eat a little snack the pain would not occur but after every big meal- the pain is killing me. I don’t know anything about this and I would only like to find out could it be something serious?

I have just read your symptoms and, to be honest with you, it sounded a bit weird and impossible. So, I did a small research on my own to see if this could be possible. I have found out that you are not alone with this disorder and that the problem is probably in your back nerve called sciatic nerve.
If your sciatic nerve becomes inflamed, the condition is called sciatica The pain can be intense and it often follows the path of your nerve-down the back of your leg, ankle, foot, and toes-but it can also radiate to your back! It is often connected with the feeding because enlarged bowel can cause pressure on it.
It could be also problem with your gal bladder or even your kidneys; so, probably the best thing for you now is to contact your doctor over this for proper evaluation!

I am also suffering from the same thing. It's been on and off for months now and I'm fed up! I'm getting an MRI next week to see what is going on. My pain is located in my lower left leg and also occurs after eating and I'm getting pretty sick of starving myself just so I can have a good day with my kids.

Im just about to turn 18 and im experiencing aching in my mid-back after eating as well (sometimes associated with mild cramps in lower abdominal area)Its a new phenomenon and I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that I'm:
-a vegetarian and don't get lots of protein
-i haven't gotten my period in 1.5+ months
-i have done really bad fad diets for the past 80 days and then stopped and then they appeared (during the dieting and more so afterwards)
-i have minor scoliosis and horrible back posture...but i don't know why my back would start to hurt now and not years ago..

so the thing about having sciatica in the post above doesn't seem to fit because the pain is only in my back.

does anyone else have an idea what this is?

You guys need to get your gallbladders checked out. Lower back pain or dull ache can mean that your gallbladder is having a hard time helping your liver produce bile to break down the fats in the food we eat. Have your doctor do a blood test to check for gallbladder function and liver enzyme; its a quick process that might save you lots of pain and recovery down the road. Stay strong, guys, I know how frustrating bizarre, undiagnosed symptoms can be! Get those gallbladders checked!

I also have pain in my upper back and neck after eating, I've noticed some foods that will trigger it quickly, I can start to feel it within ten minutes of eating and some food will affect me sometimes but not all the time. I have had my liver and gall bladder checked several times and had an ultra sound on my gall bladder and everything checks out OK. I have been to see several Doctors for this problem and they usually look at me like I'm an alien. Foods I know trigger it are doughnuts, chocolate, no-name steaks, ice cream, fried chicken, products that contain dextrose and sometimes beer. Yes after that list it looks like I should improve my diet, but I know other people that eat worse than I do but do not have back pain after eating just big bellies. After eating sometimes you would swear I have rigor mortis setting in the way my body starts to stiffen up and pop.

Guys I've the same problem. I recognised that if I eat food with high sodium.... I felt it soon after ate...

My own medicine's CUCUMBAR... it's makes me calm down & sometimes I lied down so my blood preasure not high...

I am 26 year old and get leg pains in my left and right lower legs it flops back and forth... Got my blood test done and waiting for results.. =/

These back pains happens to me every time there is sudden change of eating habits.

For example.
1. After a long day of starvation and immediately after that I take too much food.
2. Long period of consistent eating. (like occasion and parties, 2-4 hours of small amount feeding)
3. After a fast I eat too much.

Today I have these pain but I know the cause. (Increase in food intake because I'd like to gain weight.)
Usually these pains last 3-10days. Once I normalize my feeding, everything will be back to normal.
Im a male 31yrs, 135lbs, perfectly normal.

It could very well be your gall bladder, as someone else suggested. I had the same problem for a long time & found out I had gall stones which were so bad that I had to have my gall bladder taken out. Another thing that can cause that kind of pain is constipation.

I get these aches after eating particular foods.
Often the ache is in my shoulders and upper-arms too. 

The ache is similar to the pain one gets when they have
the flu. For most of us, it's related to grains. I get it after
most grains (esp. white bread) and too much milk. 

So, I'd suggest keeping a food diary and seeing what 
instigates the pain for you. Everyone would benefit
from deleting grains (wheat, barley, rye especially -so 
that means NO bread, pasta, pastry, cakes - or beer, 
sorry!) from their lives completely, but try it for just 30
days and see how you feel. 

Hope this helps,
cheers, matt

WENZ, WHATEVER BECAME OF THIS? i HAVE THIS AND THEY CANNOT FIND WHAT IN THE WORLD IS WRONG WITH ME? IF YOU CAN GIVE ME ANY HELP I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. THANK YOU.

Hello, I've actually never replied to one of these, but am since I may have some info I will.  When I was about 34 I started experience pretty severe back pain.  I started out of the blue.  I realized that it was triggered by food but had all sorts of tests over a couple of years and they were finding nothing.  I had other symptoms too, fatigue etc...  Interestingly, I felt better when I took antibotics.  Ultimately, we have concluded that I have overgrowth of bacteria in my small intestine.  I probably have damaged it, so that the food does not travel is well which allows the bacteria to build.  Its been 10 years.  I treat it by staying away from any processed food as a start.  Then by taking a lot of probiotics, and trying to stay away from most carbs.  Still learning as time passes.  About once a year I have to take a dose of antibiotics.  I first started learning about this when I read a book called "I poisoned my body."  This was a breakthrough for me.  So like me, your problem may very well have to do with your gut.  Try these three things to see if this is your issue.  Use fiber everynight soon after eating, start taking probiotics (more than the recommended amount)-I like threelac, and don't eat any processed food or carbs.  Try this for one week and you should feel a difference if this is your problem.  There are carbs you can eat which that book I noted tells you, but to keep it simple stay away from carbs and processed foods for one week.  Good luck.  By the way, I don't know why this impacts my back, but it does.  I feel younger now than I did at 34 (I was feeling pretty bad).  Oh yea, probably the best book for me has been "breaking the vicious cycle."

I have the same symptoms and am curious if you ever found out what the problem was.I too am confused and feel like the Dr. is not helping out much,,i've also lost alot of weight due to the fear of eating.

are u still experiencing symptoms