Hi, few days ago I saw a medicine TV show. It was about pediatric rheumatoid arthritis. It came to me as a surprise. You see, I believed that this kind of illness can be present only with old people. I did not see the entire show. That is why I am asking you to tell me something more about pediatric rheumatoid arthritis.

Hi, it is very common that people and even some doctors do not believe in fact that pediatric rheumatoid arthritis exists. Because of this, children have to suffer for months and even years before the illness is recognized and the treatment has begun. It is also important that the affected children and their families get a proper education for this condition. The only good thing about pediatric rheumatoid arthritis is that it is very rare and in extremely large number of cases appears in mild forms. When affected, child suffers severe case of this illness for couple of weeks or months. After this period it disappears. There are three forms of pediatric rheumatoid arthritis. They are: pauciarticular-less than four joints affected, polyarticular-four or more joints are affected and systemic-onset inflammation of the joints followed by rash and fever. All three forms are treatable. The most important thing is the recognition of the condition. After that has been made, the proper treatment should begin as well as the education of children and their families.