I am a 23 year old fit male. (5'9" 170 lbs) I have been working out for the past 4 years plus. I just started getting into running. I have a problem though. I will run outside or on a treadmill for 10 minutes and my lower back starts to act up. I went to a chiropractor a year or two back and I was there for a good amount of time. (around 6 months if not more) I guess it never really "fixed" me. I unfortunately will get this terrible pain on both sides of my body, towards the lower back. It's right above the buttox on each side, I guess where my hips are too. I can play a good hour of basketball or football and won't notice it. I start jogging for 10 minutes and I already want to stop. I know I can run much further, it's just that my back is killing me.

Is there a running specialist I can go and see, to see if my form is wrong? Something is wrong. I need to go to someone who knows and cares. I want to be pain free. I live in a suburb of Chicago, IL. Any advice???

I can't believe no one answers these posts!! I am not a back pain expert but I have heard over and over again that lower back pain while running is all about your core not being strong enough. Back and ab muscles need to be stronger to support you without sagging while running, which could be causing the pain.

Good luck,

Kadee

thanks... I'll try doing more ab exersizes

I just posted a really long message that answers your question here. Please go to "Groin Pain - need some help here" and read the text. You'll see that it relates to you. You're feeling the effect of the iliopsoas tugging on your lumbar vertebrae. You can release it by doing the treatment on your quadriceps first (you'll understand as you read the other message) and then doing the iliopsoas stretch Be sure to do the quadriceps treatment before doing the iliopsoas stretch.

Wishing you well,
Julie Donnelly