I have been having lower back pain, first on the right side that went away, but now it’s on the left. I have no trouble urinating, no fever or chill, no vomiting. After menstrual cycle is finished, sharp achy, constant pain in lower back occurred. The last time I had this pain, it was a kidney infection, but I remember I couldn’t urinate, and it burned. That was 3 years ago. Could this just be a kidney infection without all of the symptoms? Do I need ovarian ultrasound?

It does not seem to me that you are experiencing a kidney infection. There is no high temperature, fever, and painful urinating present. However, a urine examination will confirm or reject this possibility of infection or inflammation in the kidneys, so see a doctor about it. Ultrasounds are useful for identifying both renal causes, like cysts, stones, tumors… and ovarian disorders. I also recommend you requesting an X-ray of the lumbar vertebra to detect spondylotic changes of the vertebra. It can be also possible cause for lower back pain. A CT-scan is the best method for imaging low abdominal organs and lumbar discs.