Hi, I'm 20 years old. I had a hernia surgery about a year ago, with great sucess, very rarelt like twice so far has my surgery discomforted me (Army Intensive training), and went away after a day or two. I've been having testicualr discomfort for about 3-4 dyas now. I check and its no hernia for sure, I keep checking to see what the cuase of the pain was. Its not too bad where I can't sit down. I walk and sit just fine, I believe on how I wear my underwear determines how it'll feel. I believe it might have something to do with the veind, becuase when I feel on them them to check, thats where most of the discomfort comes from. Is it Vericose veins? If so how long does it take on procedure and recover usaully? Thanks

If they were varicose veins, you would probably feel some lumps above your testicles. Varicocele most commonly occurs on left testicles because left spermatic cord is longer, connected to the kidney vein and there is more pressure on it. Varicocele may or may not cause discomfort and pain but if it does, wearing jock straps or other comfortable underwear seems to help.
The procedure in which varicocele is fixed doesn’t have to occur unless varicocele hurts bad, cause infertility or is shrinking the testicle. If done laparascopically, varicocelectomy lasts for an hour, an open surgery anywhere between half an hour and 45 mins.
In order to realize if the pain’s coming from varicocele, you need to be examined by a doctor.

I found out what it was. Some really bad case of the lower intentins bloating up like crazy so they pushed upon my muscles so it felt like a hernia but it wasn't. Its been getting better, once I took my personal doctor's advice, started to tkae more fiber in my diet. Its gradually getting better. Thanks anyways :-D