I just had Varicocele surgery and when i smoked weed my left scrotum would always hurt and i would get abdominal pain... and even if i take one or two hits it would still hurt. its because it would hurt my veins would get bigger from the intense blood flow through my scrotum and it would irritate my varicose veins even more. But now that i had the surgery im guessing that problem is solved. I know your not suppose to smoke right away but im gonna wait a few weeks before i smoke weed again. will it still hurt if i smoke?? I really hate to give up smoking weed... its part of my life and i don't ever want to stop... I don't drink or smoke cigarettes cause its bad for you and i dont wanna have to go back doing any other drugs other then weed... like, ecstasy or shrooms.. Weed lets me let go of everything if i have a rough day at school or work... and my question is...

Will this pain still continue if I start smoking weed again?? I just need someone to tell me if its ok or not ok to continue to smoke weed, not because its "bad" for you witch its not... My lungs are healthy and I run track and am a straight A student at west... Im just wondering if the damn varicocele surgery helped the problem..

Any info would be helpful at all..

Thanks

hey planowest ur story is IDENTICAL to mine. had to stop smoking bud due to varicocele. just had my varicocele emobilization a week and a half ago and wondering if the pain will still come by smoking. since the pain used to be so strong im afraid to try it. please if you have gotten any info. on this or u tryed it yourself reply to this. PLEASE :-) cheers man

has the surgery helped? do u still feel the pain after smoking up now?

What was the pain right after surgery? i have to get one and i am just wondering how bad my man fruit is going to hurt!

I just had the surgery 2 weeks ago, and I really want to do some weed.... Yesterday I had like two hits and I felt bad ...Planowest..How long did you waited to smoke again? 

and if you Did smoke again de you have any problem or pain...? 

Thanks Happy New Years

I smoked like a week after my surgery and didn't feel no pain but after my high wore off I started feeling some pain

Really looking for more feedback, I’m about to get the surgery and have terrible anxiety and depression, which is why I medicate, and it would be terrible if I could no longer medicate after. Looking for some feedback, anything will help!

I just had the surgery 2 days ago. It was a quick and painless surgery, they had to end up tying 4 veins. My doctor and nurses took great care of me and even after the surgery I have literally no pain... It's a tad bit soar but other than that I feel good. But I have the same questions and fear as everybody else... Can I smoke my weed without causing pain? Please if anyone could answer this it would make my day. Ive been lying around resting my body so it can heal.. But I'm bored and I'm not trying to get high off my pain meds. Please if anyone has had any past experience or actually has the knowledge that would be great! Please and thank you. And to anyone that has to have the surgery done... Do not worry it will go smoothly!!

There is no reason that smoking marijuana would cause any of these aches and pains after varicocelectomy. What surgeons usually say is that success rate depends on whether the patient was feeling pain before the surgery; if there was pain before the surgery, then there are chances the patient will feel pain after the surgery.

i had this surgery when i was 19 years old, i smoked weed the day i had the surgery. recovery took quite a while but i was eventually pain free. im 25 now and the pain has started to return so im not sure what to tell you peacelove.

iv felt well for a number of years but the new pain has me worried. its almost the exact symptoms as before my surgery

I had a full blown left varicocele surgery 13 years ago. I have always smoked. The pain went away after I healed up. About 9 months ago I pulled my groin, bad. My varicocele is back & it really hurts, especially when I smoke. I was put on antibiotics, bactrim for 2 weeks, with no luck. Sucks cause u can’t get the surgery twice. Got a CT scan, that came back negative. I am f*****g desperate. I just moved to the east coast from Colorado & don’t have access to medical marijuana topicals or weed for pain. I am refusing any opiates & currently got some diclofenac which helps a lot. Currently not smoking to give my ballz a break. Sex isn’t a problem it’s just, I’m super uncomfortable afterwards. The urologist wants to scope my bladder now - I refused cause he isn’t helping just running up my bill. Any thoughts?