Hi all,

About 2 months ago I was working out and started to feel dull pain and a very frequent tingling sensation in my left testicle. I noticed a few days later my left testicle would hang more horizontally and lower then normal. It was never like that. I went to the docs and had a Ultra sound done and was diagnose with a Varicocele. I went to another urologist for a second opinon and he said same thing and that it was  a grade II and most likely did not need surgery. My question is can varicocele cause your testicle to hang lower and more horizontal? It causes alot of discomfort now especailly when active. Any input is much appreciated!

Maybe... if the varicocele is large enough. Look at YouTube videos and photographs of grades 1, 2, and 3 varicoceles and see which one(s) match what yours looks like.

Unfortunately, if you're not in a huge amount of pain, doctors will he hesitant to treat a varicocele. Surgery for this could potentially make things worse - you can come out of surgery with a larger swelling, more pain, a nosocomial infection, etc. It's recommended to wear a jock strap or some kind of scrotal support and stop wearing boxer shorts underwear or anything where the testicles will hang loose. These exacerbate the problem.

It's best to be prudent and conservative when it comes to varicoceles. Do a watch-and-wait for some time and come back to the specialist(s) and mention to them if it is too uncomfortable to carry out daily activities. You might get the option to go for a full surgery - a varicocelectomy - down to a less invasive procedure, such as an embolisation. Ask what the advantages and disadvantages are for both. I've read success and horror stories for both, but on-line it's hard to tell since people will often post about their complaints rather than the success.

Again, look at YouTube videos on-line and if you have a strong gut, you might also want to check out surgery videos for varicocelectomies to see what the surgeons do.

Thanks for your response! I agree with what you are saying and have been taking the watch and wait approach. I do not want to get surgery unless its absolutely necessary. I found some underwear that does make it more bearable but since im so psychically active and have a focus on working out it does become difficult to deal with at times. If anyone has any surgery stories please share. All input is much appreciated!

I have done my Varicocele surgery last week . I still have Pain und discomfort. I Layed only on bed.Specialy when i tauch it. it was the left testicle and it Hangs still too lower. Its weight is reduced but i am afraid of damage for my testicles Muscle. I will update after 2or 3 months.

How is it now?

New Member
1 post

I have same question.

In august 2018, I had urine infection, which was treated by antibiotics and also had been examined by urologist, after that at one night I felt some movement in scrotum and felt that testicle shifted it's place,then I had ultrasound done but nothing came of, but there since after movement in scrotum was increased and was feeling like something moving in scrotum,and after about one after in July 2019 I had another Doppler ultrasound and doctor said that Left side varicocele of grade 1 and urologist suggested only to wear support nothing much.

I am searching this topic on internet and find this so help me I am frustrated.

Thanks in advance.

_removed_