Just curious. Don't want to hurt myself or damage or overdo or blow any stitch or vein or surgery sewn site or anything, so just was wondering how long I should wait after my varicocelectomy which I had last Thursday to masturbate..Thanks!

Hi, here are some varicocelectomy recovery tips.
You shouldn’t be doing anything 48 hours after the surgery. It is said that after the initial 48 hours, you may return to your normal everyday activities. It is also said that it may take 5-10 days to feel like or be able to do sports, exercise, heavy lifting and have sex (and masturbate of course). You may even masturbate after the initial 48 hours.
You shouldn’t be having any warm baths for the five days following the surgery.
In case of any mild discomfort like pain, draining fluid from the wound or swelling you shouldn’t worry and you may take pain killers like Tylenol or Motrin to get rid of the pain.
You can eat whatever you were eating before the procedure.
If any pain or discomfort that is stronger than bearable occurs, you should see your doc and check for infections.

I actually masturbated like 2 weeks after left vericocelectomy, and I defiately shouldnt have. I have to go through another surgery because the vein filled up immediately and stayed that way. My surgeon is a goddamn retard, he didn't tell me not to, now i'm paying the price....

i am 17 and it has been two weeks since my surgery and i am still very uncomfortable. my abdomen just above the left side of my scrotum is usually in mild pain espcially when i stand up it hits me like electricity. the left side of my scrotum where i had my surgery done is still extremely swollen and hardened. its literally probably 2-3 times the size of my right. when is this swelling going to go down to at least close to the normal size. its getting sooo annoying. thanks

the doctor didnt tell me f... s... either, he said ur fixed nd i left. all loopy nd what not. nd im sick nd tired of the pain, im goin crazy, im a skateboarder. nd this **** needs to dissapear. i had sex up into almost my 3weeks after.. a week later i found them covered in blue and re inflamedd... ummm ... and their still haveing the miraculously painfull sensitivity problem, i wanna skate :-(

I'm the one who said my doc didnt tell me to wack off and now im payin the price.....

i had a Microscopic Bilateral Varicoselectomy about a week and a half ago and the new surgeon said "The first surgeon did a good job.....but there was unmistakible pressure that ruined the litigation.." and now, im not making that mistake again DONT MASTURBATE FOR AT LEAST 2 WEEKS....and i foun somethin on the internet saying that masturbation is the leading cause of it in young boys, caus i think its just the times we live in but we wack off too much

"The mental requirements of the treatment are important, as in other sexual disorders. There should be no harboring of lascivious fancies or exposure to other influences likely to cause sexual excitement and consequent congestion of the affected parts. There should be no fondling of the opposite sex, such as will arouse passion which cannot be gratified,

:-) ************No treatment will bring results if these precautions are neglected. *************

"Masturbation, if practiced, must be stopped."

im trying to help as many ppl i can, resist the urge, or you'll have the same problems after awhile, trust me ive been having this problem since may 09, and im now recovering from my second surg.... good luck to everyone

Masturbation is healthy and fine. The research you did is bias and backwards. Masturbation does not cause problems and does not cause the need for varicocele repair. Please communicate with your doctor and find out the truth. I feel really bad that you are putting yourself though that.

hi, i had a Varicocelectomy 10 days ago. it's similar to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sew_up_wound_after_varicocele_surgery.jpg
but with a nicer cut.
instructions were:
- wait 7 days at least to shower and another 5 to have sex
- take it easy, and don't left heavy things
- don't stand for a long times and walk everyday for a reasonable time
- avoid boxer wearing (need a support)

about the pain:
non - zero - with a 2 to 2.5" cut (each side)
side effects:
the left one is a little bit swollen now

dude i had surgery last monday, the doctor told me i cnat have sex in a month

im now 35 and over a month ago i've gone through the same procedure but my surgeon didnt only cut the varicocele but actually removed these veins and some mass or cyst. 3 days after the surgery i tried masturbating and it was OK, the only difference was i cant jerk off that hard since a slight shaking of my testicles causes discomfort. when i got back to the doctor a week after. he said that i can have sex a month after and should be wearing support for at least six months and no sports for a year. i dont feel the discomfort except when i dont wear a support.  cant tell if the operation was a complete success since there is still a slight discomfort and my partner hasnt conceived yet. however  my doctor said non-invasive surgery has a lesser chance of improving fertility and getting rid of the pain completely.

That's weird. It's been 5 days since my varicocelectomy and there is no pain. Only when i push on it. I can walk and do a whole lot of stuff. I only needed the pain killers the first two days.

I had the surgury 12 says ago and there is no pain and I've started in 3 varsity basketbalgames the last 3 days there is no pain nor swelling

I had vericocelectemy last Tuesday and masturbated 4 days after and my testicle became swollen and is still swollen is that normal? Will the swelling go down if I dont masturbate and ice it? Please respond ASAP I'm very nervous

dude you are freaking crazy, if you continue doing that say hello to "infertility" .I think the problem is varicocele :( i am feeling my left ball pain because of the reverse flow of blood in the veins and then swollen occur because of the blood. CONTROL YOURSELF FROM YOUR SEXUAL DESIRE .... it will pay a price..... i just had this problem 1 hour ago and was browsing the web like a retard and only found out one answer ..... which is VARICOCELE causes would be excessive masturbation/tight clothing/crossing your legs which will lead to blockage ...going for a private geneticist doctor in 3 more hours..... only wanted to say one more thing, why does this happen to me? 15% of the men in the world population will have this problem.... WHY ME? will let you know more after finding the doc.

Had my varicocele surgery 6 days ago. Masterbated twice yesterday...no problems...no pain...no swelling....however if i lift my scrotum up by my hand i can see the vein is still present...but doesnt feel like a bag of worm. Probably it will take another ten days to atrophy or something...oh an i had Inguinal incision for bilateral varicoceles...both like 7cm...