Hi, I am 33 years old male, with varicose veins in my testicles. My testicles are painful and shrink, especially when I am standing for longer time on one place I got aching pain. What is causing varicocele?

Varicose veins in scrotum or varicoceles are dilated blood vessels. Veins contain valves which enable blood flow in direction of heart. A network of testicle veins joins, after draining blood from testicle and empty into the vein in abdomen. If veins are enlarged and become wider then the valves, blood can flow reversely and refluxes in testicles, this condition can be painful and bothersome to the patient. Varicocele can cause infertility, because as blood flow is increased average temperature in testicle is higher than normal, what effects sperm and leads to it’s degeneration and low quality.

I have a simular problem any advice? I am 72 years old and my Right testicle has swelled up and I recently found a 3/8 lump on right side. The lump is very tender and it is very painful. I have unbearable pain in my groin and scrotum. The pain continues to be felt going up and around my back (near my kidney). It continues to hurt with an aching pain that runs down my right leg just below my knee.

I sometimes have problems Urinating and it can also be very painful to pee.

I had this same problem 5 years ago. My urologist had me take 1 Flomax pill each day and it did not help. He then prescribed a bright purple pill that also did not help. I finally was put in the hospital and was feed me medicine by IV. After 4 days in the hospital the swelling went down and everything was normal again. The doctor told me to take Prosar and – Decreases the size of the prostate) Takes a Flomax – Helps your pee flow

For the last 5 years I have been taking 1 Proscar pill and 1 Flomax pill day. I have had a hard time peeing.

Recently I have been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. The doctor said they caught it early and treated me with 28 Radiations Treatment and then followed up with 2 Needle implant treatments where they inserted 18 needles below my scrotum and they pumped radiation through it. I just finished up with the needle treatments and that was when my swelling began.

My doctor wanted me to wait to see if the swelling would go down and told me to wait a week. The swelling did not go down and I asked him to put me in the hospital to feed medicine by IV. I was hoping this would help. The IV has been feeding me medicine the past 5 days and that has not helped. The pain is unbearable and I am ready to loose a Testicle if needed.

Please help provide some alternative solutions or advise so I maybe able to discuss this with my doctor. We are both at a loss and do not what to do next.

Hi im 21 years old.. And i think i have very large Varicose Veins in my left testicle, symptoms i have that kinda give it away are.. When i lieing down and have my legs levitated, they are no longer noticeable and i cannot feel them, but when i stand up and the blood rushes back they come shooting back.. there isnt much pain at all. it is only uncomftable at times, and it can be painful when ive been walking or standing up for a long long time... i have had it for around 6 to 7 years now.. but its just making me upset because its uncomftable to shower..

my brother also suffers from Varicose Veins, and it causes him pain occasionally, but its also drove him insane.

well i have this thing in my left testicle and it hurt on occasion, and some days its a huge worm looking thing to where if anything touches the testicle it hurts like severe, and some days its really hard to sit down. i want to know if there is anything i ca do about this, i have talked ot my doctor to get a urologist to look at it but in this city i could be months to even a year, and i was wondering is this a severe problem that can be fixed or am i stuck with this permanently????

hello, well i have this problem, but i am very young.

i am now 15 but was about 12 when i actually noticed, i went to a doctor about it.

he said it was nothing to worry about, but if it hurts often, then you will have to have surgery, to either:

remove the testicle or remove the veins(both will result in the testicle not working)

also i have a problem with my nipple, it is quite hard just underneath the skin

there is like a small convex bulge right underneath the nipple, i have been informed by this website that,

this is also nothing to worry about, as it is just a stage of puberty

Hey everybody,
I was suffering similar symptoms from that of the thread starter. My doctor told me the option of a out-patient procedure which did not sacrifice use of my left testicle, much less, the testicle itself.
They just made and incision an inch or so above the shaft and isolated those blood passages with some type of medical device that restricts blood flow.
That was 3 yeas ago. It gradually started looking like the other one and I am pleased to say the only time I experience pain is when I am standing for extended amounts of time in the heat.
btw im 22yr old and i was 19 at age of surgery

i was around 25 when the wife and i had gotten fed up with trying to have a kid on our own. we went and saw a specialist and after a series of ultrasounds they said i had vericose veins in my left testicle. the vericose caused a drop in the amount of sperm being produced and i would have to have it removed. after the surgery the count dropped even further..i had no idea i even had it but i was willing to do whatever it took. a few years later something ruptured and caused my left testicle to swell up about 3-4 times its normal size. after another trip to the specialist it was confirmed i had a "hydrocel" they proceeded to go back in and repair/remove the leak. everything was fine but now the count dropped even further. after 2 surgeries my count dropped to laughably low amounts.....now about 12 years later i once again have a vericose on the left side. this time however it is unbearably painful. it's been almost 2 1/2 months and i am finally going in for surgery next week. however this time i was given two options. option 1 they can go in the same way and almost gaurantee it will not return...yeah right..but there are more complications due to the first operations scar tissue....a numb patch in my left leg and other issues caused me to take door number 2...option 2 consists of a laproscopy (going in through the stomach) no complications this way due to scar tissue but, there is a possibility it will come back......GREAT....for all of you out there talk to several specialists if you can and hear several diagnosis' because chances are you will be back for it later on...

Hey im wondering. If you have a varicose vein within your testicle and you are able to conieve a child, will the baby be affected in any way at all? or will the baby come out normal?

I was planning on starting the process of becoming pregnant a month from now, however during all the tests that my partner and I were going through it was found that the varicose vain in his testicles are blocking the formation of active sperms and that needs to have an immediate operation to relief. I want to know if during this operation should we try to have sperm extracted to ensure some in case it gets worse as some of you have experienced and if any has had this operation before. How long is the recovery and what are the chances of success to produce active sperm again. If you have any info will be appreciated. Thanks!

if I used a needle to remove the blood
would that take the lump away?

Salute to the Working Group on this site
I have strange things in the testis
I feel the presence of veins and veins of the left testicle and the large size but there is no pain in this region never
But after the practice of masturbation is generated not at the bottom of the testis, after the rest go away completely and this is of 8 years, but I did not do anything did not go to the doctor for fear of this and after a period featured an enemy to the right testicle but are too small and I'm nervous for that matter
Please, advise me what to do and thank you very much

Hello, my bf is also experiencing these problems. He had a surgery done but that didn't help, but something did help. He takes vitamens C & E everyday, along with rubbing vitamen e skin oil on the testicle, this has helped the pain stay at a bearable level. Just thought that that might help some people while they wait to talk to doctors. Good luck everyone

hi my name is steve i went to my specialist doctor who examined me checked out, my prostate all ok then prescribed me 10mg amitriptylene which shrink the veins and the pain also gone . researched amitriptylene comes up anti depressant . my veins are going back to normal i have been taking them for two weeks and asked for another 2 weeks of pils . too make sure they go back to normal the veins in the testicle are 1 way valves that clog up the amitriptylene un clogs the veins and shrink them mine have nearly gone back to normal . see what your doc says . i live in england hope this helps

Hello I'm a 27 year old male I started getting varicose veins in my testicles when I was about 12 years old recent ultra sound I had confirmed this not only do I have in the left side but now developing in the right doctor assured me this will not affect my chances having children but all the reading I've done online states other wise he advised me not t To remove it does cause discomfort but more less it's a self thing having this mass there I booked an appointment with a surgeon and hope it is the rite move