For the past few months I have been having throat spasms with lots of sinus drainage. I can barely sleep at night and sometimes I can't breathe. I don't drink or smoke so I can't understand what the problem is. I have had an upper GI done and they saw nothing but yet put me on medicine for GERD. Recently I noticed food getting stuck in my throat even more than before. Also on my throat (adam's apple/thyroid section) is very very sensitive to touch. If I apply a small amount of pressure with my finger a sharp pain shoots through it. What could that be? I need to know what to ask my doctor.

Hey, over the past year or so i have suffered from tightness in my throat- like the feeling someone has pushed my neck in really hard. At night i found it hard to breathe, i wasnt short of breath, and i could breathe, but it felt almost like it was harder to breathe. Anyhow, i went to the doctors and he said that i just had a very sensitive neck and throat and that i had muscle spasms in my throat. (I was not prescribed and medicine/tablets). However, during the following months the pains/tightness got worse and i began getting very bad chest pain. I usually got the throat and chest pain at the same time, and often had a bad headache with that too. Anyhow, i went to the doctors again and he checked my blood pressure and did an ECG scan on me- but he said both my heart and blood pressure seemed fine. He said that i had some sort of acid problem (acid reflux) and prescribed me gaviscon and some tablets (sorry not sure of the name of them). Anyhow, i have been taking them for 2 days now and i havent had any of the pains! So they seem to really have helped!!
I often felt like food was getting stuck in my throat.. and i would be up for hours at night worrying about it.
Maybe you should ask your doctor about acid reflux?

Hope this helps xx

Just to add, i have recently discovered 2 lumps in my neck/throat. One is situated just above where my adams apple would be if i was a man, and the other about an inch below that. Im not sure if this is anything to do with my acid reflux problem? But i have never noticed these lumps before. I wondered whether these are swollen lymph nodes, however the lumps are in the centre of my neck/throat.. not down the sides .. =S