Hi, 2 weeks ago i ran up the stairs and clumsy me ran streight into the bannister after recovering from being in pain and being winded i developed a bruise and thought nothing of it. I checked last night and the bruise is faded but there is a rock hard lump the size of a 1p. under my skin. What could it be? should i get it checked?

hey. I also had an accident 2 weeks ago but it involved a fork lift. the initial blow hurt alot and it kind of pinched/squeezed the skin on impact with the metal. the pain pretty much subsided an hour later and over the course of the week i developed a big bruise and noticed a small hard lump under the bruise. What baffles me even though it is bruised, it isn't tender or uncomfortable to touch.
I visited my GP today who had a quick feel round my stomach area and the lump in particular and told me he doesn't think i have anything to worry about. He said it could be 3 things:
1. just a fatty lump under the skin
2.a ripped piece of muscle that has recoiled, like an elastic band
3.where the blood is trapped in a confined space, it causes a small lump under the skin which usually takes quite a few weeks to disperse.

hope this helps

i had a lump it went away and then came back a few weeks later :'(

omg my 3 year old fell just 2 days ago because she was jumping in the bed and when she fell she hit a bucket .. that caused a bruise and the lump she tells me it doesnt hurt but im concern about it it the bruise is fading away but the lump its still their!! :-(

thank you for making me feel better. i feel off a safari and i got a bruise on the side on my stomach. about a week later i saw a lump under where the bruise were. i went to the doctor and he didnt know what the lump might be because it wasn't hurting me. He said it might just be a fatty lump just sitting there. He still recommended me to see a surgeon to make sure. Hopefully its what you GP told you.