I have a 2cm sized lump on my eyebrow that appeared to me overnight a month ago. It does not hurt. There is no pus or bruising. I cannot feel it unless I press on it. Nobody notices it unless I show them. I have seen a dermatologist and then an opthamologist/plastic surgeon. They both determined it was not skin related and the opthamologist believes it is not cancerous because it is somewhat mushy. He said if it got larger or harder to return to him right away, but otherwise asked me to come in after a month. He says that because of the size and location it would require surgery to remove and would leave a scar. Has anyone ever had a similar experience? Should I demand a biopsy? I don't want to be a hypochondriac, but I hate not knowing what is going on in my body. Of course, I imagine it has gotten harder, I feel like it is perhaps attached to my brow bone - is that preposterous? My husband doesn't seemed worried about it - that it hasn't changed to him, but I don't want to ignore a potential problem that could be dealt with easier if faced before it got out of hand.

Hi! You are probably seeing things now because you are in panic now. I know how annoying it is when you have no idea what it is going on.
The biggest problem is when doctors are puzzled as well. I reckon that a biopsy would leave a scar as well because they will probably have to remove it to do a biopsy.

If you can’t wait for it to change size (if it ever changes) and if you could cope with a scar later on, then you could ask them to do it.
I can’t think of anything else your doctors haven’t probably thought of. I would suspect a water cyst, a fat deposit, scar tissue or a prominent blood vessel.

I would try to calm down and let it go but observe. If it changed in size you would know, so try not to go around obsessing about it.

i also have a lump on my eyebrow, about 1 cm deep, its mushy like Markos's

I had a lump similar to the one you're describing on my collar bone - it was there for about 1.5 years and gradually got bigger - one day it rubbed on my bra strap and puss came out - i was able to squeeze all the nastiness out of it - it wasn't pretty but it went at least! I rubbed on some TCP and that was that. Now it sometimes tries to come back up (every 6 months or so) and I insert a pin in it and drain it off - worked for me

i had something similair, on my colar bone.
i asked my mother, but she said it was a nothing to worry about. she called it something (i forgot wha, malgnoid or something?) and she said it was just a fat deposit that attaches itself to a hard bond, like ur colar bone, brow or wrist. she said itll go awaya fter about a month. DO NOT TRY AND POP THESE. i stabbed mine, and appart from a lot of pain and blood i got an infection. u can have it medically removed, but i dont think its worth it.

I HAVE A LUMP BY THE SIZE OF A PEA NEXT TO MY EYEBROW AND IN REALLY HURTS WHAT CAN I DO ?

I also have a lump on my left eyebrow which protudes more when I crinkle my brow. My friend told me that it means I have high cholesterol. The lump is about 1 cm closer to the right tip of my left brow, almost between my eyebrows. It has no pus, or bruising or pain, almost just like a fleshy piece of fat. It also comes and goes - like more visible when I gain a few pounds. I'll ask my doctor the next time I visit, but I'm not concerned for now. My father also had something on his back, a fatty lymphoma which he had removed and left a scar. My only concern with removing the one on my brow is possible scarring (and I already have one from stitches as a child!) That's about all I know...hope this is helpful!

Hi, I'd like to thank you for your post. I first noticed a lump (or bump) on my eyebrow also on, or around, last friday. I went to the doctor about it Wednesday. The doctor only gave me ointment and an antibiotic cream to put on it. I put the ointment & cream on it continuously these past couple days and like I feared they did nothing to reduce the lump. I think the lump may even be a little bigger. I felt on the lump quite a bit and it became very red but it didn't ooz out anything. It also made the area of my eye red and made my eyelid swell a little and it seems my left eye is watery and drains a little. I'm really worried. I hope it isn't cancerous. Did you find out anymore about your eyebrow lump? Will you be having a biopsy done of it? I'm thinking I should see about having a biopsy done. It just doesn't seem normal that it isn't going away.

An afterthought on my post. I was reading what others said about fat deposits. Now I'm thinking that the lump is most probably a fat deposit. I have a first time appt with another doctor (not especially about the lump) but I think I will ask this doctor to see what he thinks.

I also have a lump under the skin above my left eyebrow that only hurts when I touch it. It has been there a few years now and is causing me concern because I thought if it was a cyst that it would have gone away by now. My derm said he would biopsy it but then I would have a scar so I am investigating further and found this site. It is on the side that I use my cell phone so, naturally, the mind takes over with worry. My family practitioner thought it was a cyst and didn't care to investigate further which bothered me..that was a year ago.

I just had a pea-sized sebaceous cyst removed from the medial side of my left eyebrow. The plastic surgeon said it was probably benign, and it wouldn't matter if I left it there. It was driving me crazy for the last year, so I had him remove it. The pathology report called it a pilar cyst. The scar is very tiny (maybe 1/4 inch) and not really noticeable. I'm so glad it's gone! 8-|

I don't recommend that you try this but I had a very similar lump exactly as you described just below my eyebrow around the arch near the bone. I took a very thin sharp sterylized needle and poked it gently but enough to penetrate and clear liquid came out and the bump went down for about three months. I just seems to fill up regularly, I have done this twice and and seems to work (with no scar) and without other invasive operations.
Hope this helps

I will tell you how I handled the cyst on my eyebrow.
I took a small sewing needle soaked in in rubbing alcohol and punctured the cyst, being very careful, not to go too deep. It
oozed lots of blood. Then I took a tea bag, warmed it in water, in the microwave and applied it to the area.

The next day I took a slice of lemon, the size of a finger nail and held it against the cyst area. Lemon has cleansing agents. The cyst disappeared in four days.

I also have a pea sized mass on my brow bone.. i thought it was a pimple or ingrown hair at first so i left it alone for the first 2 days but then it hurt so bad when i touched it that i had to do something about it.. i can also see a shadow in my vision from it and its making the inner part of my eyelid swollen... i tried sqeezing the devil out of it thru the pain and nothing then took a pin to it and nothing but blood and a little clear fluid.. ive messed with it so much yesterday that now it looks horrible (red, swollen, and like a second degree burn) but i really thought it would burst and then go away and leave me alone... no chance. Now i think it is a cyst but dont know what to do about it.. i start a new job in 3 days and want it gone.

I have 2 lumps on my eyebrows, one of them ive had since i was small and that one has been the same size for ever.
but recently acouple of months ago 2 lumps popped up,one of it was in my scalp and that one was sorta painful but now its gone away,, but the other one popped up next to the lump on my eyebrow that ive had since i was small, 4 days ago that new lump in my eyebrow has increased in size and is very painful,, it makes my eye lids swollen. I dont know what to do with it, if i get it removed then i kno thatthere will be a scar. cos when i was 5 i had one in my arm and when i got it remved it left an ugly scar.
does anyone kno what it actuly is?