Hi, I noticed a lump beneath my skin couple of days ago. It is on my back, just under my neck. I am wondering if it’s dangerous, and should I see a doctor about that.

Hi, I had a lump beneath my skin last year, but it was on my shoulder. I ignored it for couple of months, but when I realized it won’t go away on its own, I went to doctor. She didn’t know what it was, so she sent me to dermatologist. The lump beneath my skin wasn’t painful or red, it was just white and hard. I was a little scared, because I thought it was a tumor. However, it was nothing like that. It turned out to be just a fat tissue, which wasn’t dangerous at all. I was reading later about lumps beneath the skin, and I found out that they are usually benign, slow growing and not dangerous. Very often, those lumps beneath the skin turn out to be cysts. They are usually found on the face, neck, and trunk, and sometimes they can become inflamed and tender.

Hi, it sound a lot like lipoma, a fatty growth. We have a community specialized in alternative treatment methods which you might find beneficial. Just Google us: Lipoma Board.