I have this bump on the right side of my neck and it feels hard. I've had it for almost a month and it hasn't changed size at all. When I first got it, it kind of felt like a zit but it hurt worse. It's painless and I even forget it's there until I rub my neck and feel it. I was wondering if this is just a bump or if it's something more serious? Please let me know what you think...

It could be a cyst. You are lucky it doesn't hurt. They could get inflammed and hurt like crazy. I had one once, i couldn't move my head left and right, it was awful.

Try applying antibiotic ointment or powder and see if it goes away.

i have the same thing just on both sides ( the left side smaller then the other), did u find out wat it was cuz i would really like to know.

SMALL BUMP UNDER MY RIGHT EAR ON MY NECK, AND JUST GOT ANOTHER ONE NEAR THE TOP OF MY NOSE NEXT TO EYE LID,PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND OUT WHAT IT IS, I TRYED ANTIBIOTIC CREAM, IT DOESNT WORK,,ITS NOT A SYST, CAUSE IF I SCATCH IT OFF IT COMES BACK, SCAB FALLS OFF AND STILL A HARD BUMP REMAINS UNDERNEATH.

I have the same bump... but it is growing slowly. I believe it is a cyst. I'm told all a cyst is, is a water pocket and doctors drain it to get rid of it. I wouldn't worry, but certainly check it out.

My mom had a bump on her neck so i took her to the drs. the lung specialist she went to said it was nothing just from her taking a lot of prednisone for her lungs....well it got bigger now when i first took her to c the dr it was like the size of a gum drop......it got to b the size of a tennis ball. I took her to the ear nose n throat dr and he wanted a biopsy when he got the results, it was diagnois as cancer.This was in september of 2005 when we found out when February came of 2006 we took her to the hospital to start chemotherapy they started out with a 19hr bag n she vomited gave her a pill so she wouldnt get sick i took my son to school which was right down over the hill came back to the hospital n my mom wasnt in her room the nurse took me to the icu and my mom was on a ventilator dieing she suffered in the hospital the whole month of march until the 23rd the day i was in the room and watched god take her home...thats my story...i just cant figure out in my heart what happened to her...... if u wanna chat please im me at 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

i have red bumps on the right side of my neck and around it...what is it

i also have a bump on the left side of my neck at first i also thought it was a pimpil under the skin so i sqeezed it well that hurt like hell but didnt help i then tryed poking a small needle size hole in it to release the puss i thought was inside still nothing over time it went away but has now returned like the others have said it doesnt hurt anymore hasnt really gotten any bigger than a nickle but jus recently i got another on the right side of my face along the jaw line not like the other one this hurts exstreamly an it is swollen im not sure what it is or when it will go away but i hope for the best it seems like im goin to have ta see a dr. but dont really have the cash or insurence for this i thought it would be good to comment on the issue we all share good luck guys ill let u know the outcome..........

I have found a bumb on my right side of my neck its a bit sore when i touch it i'm a bit frightened about it because i have never recalled
a fall or a slip it just came out of no were can i please get some advice because this is the October holidays and i don't want all my friends to notice it, it's small but i mean my friends have eyes like hawks! Please help...

i actually have a tiny GREEN dot on the side of my neck, it's like a tiny zit and it's been there for many months; it doesn't bother me and i always forget about it, but i have no fu**ing idea what it is...

i hav a bump on my neck to. i believe it has something to do with my lymph nodes and is either a cyst, or it has swelled up as a sign that i hav cancer or a virus. im going to the doc tmrw =/

Yeah I have the same weird bump, and I really have no idea what it is. At first my dad said it was just a lymph-node, but its gotten bigger and now its kind of raised the skin above it. It's hard, and under the skin and I can't move it around. I'm going to the doctor soon so they will check it out, and if anyone is interested I'll post the results.

ok im 14 years old and i have a bump about the size of a marble. its hard but i cant move it around, it doesnt really hurt unless i push on it!!! what so you think it is????

Im 16 and i have bumps under my neck too, does it itch when you take showers or sweat? becuase mine does. I went to the doctors and he gave me some hydoxcial cream for my neck.

I know what the bump is.

It's a swollen lymph node. It doesn't change in size, it's hard like a stone. I have it for 8 years now. One question for all of you who have this bump on your neck. Do you have any acne growing on the back of your head? If so please let me know because this can be an infection as well.