I'm starting to get nervous, just wondered if anyone had experienced anything similar. I noticed a throbbing pain above my collarbone on my right side about 2 weeks ago. It seems to come and go and gets worse when my heart is beating faster (like when i'm nervous). This happened a couple days before my Wife was diagnosed with an upper respiritory viral infection. About 5-7 days later I came down with a severe sore throat and lots of sinus drainage and lots of chest phlegm (croopie). I went to the doctor last Tuesday and got on a 5 day supply of antibotics for a sinus infection (Z-Pack). Felt better for about 3 days, then woke up Saturday feeling like I had a brand new sinus infection, still persistent coughing. Today I am starting to feel better, still a cough and on the tail end of my sinus infection. But still feeling a small kinda sharp/dull pain in right side of neck above collar bone, but almost feels likes its deep in there where I can't feel it. Pain almost could be described as feeling like a cramp. I have been feeling around kinda near the pain and I can feel a small almost bean shaped node which could be my Supraclavicular lymph node? I can move it around side to side and seems to be right near the pain. I don't know if it is truly "swollen" so to speak. From what I am reading online everyone that is describing there swollen lymph nodes are saying they are golf ball shaped. I have been googling these symptoms for the past few days which I hate to do cause it always makes you fear the worst but I keep finding "Supraclavicular lymphadenopathy" which it says is very bad. Everything I have been reading says that if pain is there and you have a upper respiratory infection you probably have nothing to worry about. I am 27 and in great shape. I'm wondering if this could be mono or something. Should I just sit tight for the next 1-2 weeks and hope that pain and possible swelling goes away?

I have the same syptoms but just started developing a very sore throat. Have had the cramp like pains for about 4 days. Haven't been to the doctor yet. Let me know what else you find out.

Oddly March 11th was the last day that i felt the cramping pain in my neck. I never went to the doctor but it just stopped hurting. My (what I believe to be) lymph node is still the same size but I am starting to think that it might be normal size afterall and maybe has always been there, but the pain made me feel all over and ended up discovering it...hmmm. Not sure. Next time i'm at the doctor's for something unrelated I may just have him check it out to make sure it's normal size...

I feel that I am having the same. I am only 12 and I am having these neck cramps/stiff neck. I am hoping it will go away soon. I have been applying a hot/warm rag on my neck and rubbing it softly. It doesn't hurt that much but It is on the left side of my neck. I can hardly move my head to that left. But I can move it all the way to that right. Like you, I have been googling and asking many different people to try to find a cure for it to go away. I was reading your post and thought you might have the same thing. I am sitting in a awkward angle to where it doesn't hurt. I can still get up and move right I just can't turn my head correctly. I hoping someone can give me an answer. Are you having the same ?

I just came back yesterday from the ER because my pain is acompanied by a swelling the size of 1/2 a plum that goes up and down..very weird. Ultrasound normal, ct scan with dye, all normal... today still have pain.. weird and crazy, I was thinking a arterial blowout about to happen that has been struck down yet what if it expands on and off intermittently and the pictures they took were when no activity was happening.. I don't know what it is just like a intermittent occasional jab deep in my neck like someone has a Gilligan's Island voodoo doll of me! who knows.

i'm 53 in relatively good health, 80 lbs overweight. No other conditions.

This happens to me every once in a while whether I am sick or not. It usually goes away in a day or two. I find that if I massage it with vapor rub, it helps with the pain.

Same with me. One time it was vibrating, like a hose does when you pinch it. That only lasted about 10 seconds. The pain is very bad . I find vapor rub does help. I wonder which specialized Doctor I should see. My GP does not know what other is.

Think it could be your thyroid