Hey there folks. I meet my old friend yesterday at the city mall. She was there with her dog. I remember this dog when we were girls. Now, he is old but I can tell you that he is in really good shape, if you understand what I am telling you :)

He is almost 10 years old.

She told me that recently she saw some lumps on his paws. Three on the left and even seven on the right paw. She wanted to know what I think about this issue and I told her that she needs to visit the vet.

What are the causes of lumps? Can this be dangerous?

Hello. Look maybe it is nothing but I have to say that there are so many bumps. I mean, seven of them on one leg is really, really huge deal. Here is what you need to know. Most of lumps are fatty tumors. Those tumors usually are benign, so they are not cancerous. But still, some of those lumps and bumps that you find in your dog are malignant or cancerous. But unfortunately you can’t say that when you are looking them. You need to let your vet do some examination. If you see fast redness, swelling, puss, and if the dog is in pain, you need to react very soon. Your friend needs to know this.

Hey there. I really hope that this is nothing serious like Dog Whisperer told you. I hope that it is not cancer at all.

My dog has one lump on his right paw and I was taking him to the vet. He did a lot of different exams, tests and he told me that it is nothing dangerous. He told me that my playful dog probably run at some needle and that caused lump on his paw. I agree that the number of paws is really huge so you need to tell her to visit the vet immediately.

It doesn’t matter that he is senior dog.

When I hear a word ‘’lump’’ I have all these bad things come to my mind. I remember when my boyfriend told me his dog had a lump on his paw, I immediately thought it was some kind of tumor or cancer. I thought he is going to die. When I saw it I immediately started crying thinking that that might be one of the last time I’m seeing him.

But that’s just silly. The truth is, there are many reasons why lumps appear. It can be anything from some kind of allergy that can be easily solved to lymphoma, dog skin cancer.

I work in a pet shop and I often come here to search for some answers regarding all sorts of animals.
When it comes to cats and dogs I usually get some useful information, this is definitely one of those cases. I was convinced that those lumps have to mean something really really bad. Like tumor, but not the benign one.
I’ve noticed that often when someone comes to buy food for a senior dog, their dogs have several health problems including those lumps. I was always wondering if those dogs are going to die, but it felt too awkward too ask. I’m glad it doesn’t have to be serious.

There is no need to make big deal out of it unless the vet says it is some kind of tumor… In that case it’s normal to be worried.

By reading what you have told us, that doesn’t really sound like cancer. You said there were 7 lumps on 1 paw. That’s a lot. It seems to me that it’s something else that caused those lumps, rather than a tumor. But what do I know, wait to see until she goes to the vet. We’ll see what he has to say. I really hope it’s nothing serious, some allergy or something.

It can be very uncomfortable when you start to notice bumps and lumps on paws of your dog. I think that it doesn’t matter is your dog senior or not. It is very important to take a good care of the lumps on his paws.

Yes it can be a tumor so I can’t tell you what is the best way to treat it. But it can be and it is dangerous. That is why you should never let those lumps to be treated by itself.

Do not try to squeeze them because you won’t do anything with it. You can only make it worse.

Visit the vet is your first option.

She should go to the vet as soon as possible. You never know with these things. They could be harmless, but then again they could be indicating that a dog has some malignant tumor and if she waits long time before she takes him to the vet, it might be too late for him. Why risk that? Even if she is 90 percent sure that those lumps are the result of a simple paw injury (which I doubt they are) she should take him to the vet, just to check and see, cause if she is wrong, the dog might die.