Hello everyone. My Boo was so nervous lately. I really couldn’t find out what was the reason. He was biting himself, everywhere. I was looking at him and I just could not guess what it is about. A few hours ago, I was playing with him and I saw that there is a rash on my Boo’s belly. I had situation with rash, but I never had experience with rash on my dog’s belly. Do you have any recommendation for this, how to get rid of rash on dog’s belly? It would be nice if you have any natural remedies, because I really do prefer those :)

Hey there. Don’t worry, you can cure it very fast. No matter what the cause is, the symptoms can cause really extreme discomfort for your dog. They can be totally eliminated by a lot of treatments that you can do at your home. You can try oatmeal based shampoos and conditions, aloe vera, green tea, chamomile tea, canine hydrocortisone oatmeal’s. I know that I had problem with rash on my dog’s belly and I was using triple antibiotics and it helped me but not as those natural remedies. I would also recommend you to visit the vet, because he can find the main cause of this rash. 

It’s probably nothing serious. It could be some allergy. Flea bites maybe? Or he is allergic to the food you’re giving him? 

I suggest you should try using aloe vera gel. It has a calming effect on the skin and if it doesn’t eliminate the problem, at least it will make it better. ;) 

You could also try bathing him more often. Maybe try cleaning the rash area with povidone iodine. You can do that twice a day and it will eliminate bacteria and other harmful organisms. 

You don’t want to exaggerate, simple gentle cleaning with cotton balls will be enough.

Poor little Boo! Is he in too much pain?

Anyway, the Dog Whisperer gave you great advice, his list of natural remedies looks exactly like mine.

If I need to place my bet, I’ll go with hydrocortisone 1% Shampoo with Oatmeal which you can find in any pharmacy or better pet shop. Hydrocortisone is a steroid and provides temporary relief of inflammation and itching and I think it can help Boo instantly. It would be a good thing to check with your vet what is the cause of Boo’s rash and remove that from his surroundings.

Keep us posted about his condition!

You should find out what caused the rash of course. But there are some home remedies that can help no matter what was the actual cause of the rash. It won’t make it disappear, but it will calm the skin and make it less itchy.

Somebody already mentioned aloe vera, and I give him thumbs up for that since I love how aloe vera affects the skin.

My suggestion for you is povidone iodine. You can find it in almost every pharmacy, it’s not expensive at all, and it will most certainly help. It will at least clean the skin and make it less itchy.

Definitely it is nothing serious, but he is in pain because it bothers him. I really do know that this can be ugly. Wow, there are some really great advices, and I know that those remedies can be really helpful when it comes about your dog’s rash on the belly. Now, I think that oatmeal shampoo is great option, since the Boo is really sensitive and this won’t cause any irritations to him. Maybe the fleas attacked him, but if you don’t know what is the main cause of this rash, you should visit the vet and you can try some of those remedies as well.

Good luck! 

Hm. I am afraid that I can tell you lot about it, because we don’t know what is the main cause of this rash, right? All those products, homemade products can be really helpful, they won’t harm your dog at all. I also do believe that oatmeal shampoo, but with aloe vera in it can be really helpful. I was using this, because my mother told me so, and I do believe that they do know what are the best nature medications :)

So, you can try it, it won’t harm your dog, but you need to find out what is the main cause of the rash. 

Rash generally, and specifically rash on a belly can be a tricky thing. Sometimes, it is truly a silly thing to worry about because it passes after a few days and your dog doesn't have any pains, it's just visible for the eye and that's all. On the other hand - sometimes it can be very painful for your dog and can complicate, so the process of healing is long. In order to avoid that, you should take your dog to the vet and there you will find out everything and get instructions how to heal your dog. I hope this helped, good luck!