I discovered a small lump on the top of my right testicle about a month ago, I didn’t think to much of it until recently when it suddenly started to hurt. It is now painful upon touching (sometimes really bad sometimes not so). There seems to be a lingering dull ache through the right side of my groin, abdomen and lower back(right). Sometimes it is really uncomfortable with sharp pains and aching and sometimes it isn’t so bad.
The lump itself is a small hard lump which appears to be attached to the testicle, it’s situated where the main part of the epididymas (spelling?) joins the testicle, I’m able to move the tubing around but the lump stays fixed to the testicle (it’s almost like a noble or grain of rice shaped, kinda, sticking out of the testicle).

I have seen my Doctor and he didn’t seem to think it was anything life threatening, he has taken urine sample to check if it is a bacteria infection and I have an appointment for a scan in a couple of weeks (to be on the safe side I think). Looking back at the conversation I had with my Doctor I realise that the fact that the lump is really sensitive and sore wasn’t picked up on, he only picked up on the general aching around my abdomen and suggested that that was more psychological than anything.

I guess what I’m asking is, does that fact that the lump is painful point me in a different direction other than thinking its an epididymas cyst or epididymitis?
What should I do about the pain in the mean time (suck it up like a man!)? and should I try and push for an earlier scan instead of in 3 weeks?

Thank you

It could be a form of epididymitis.

In my opinion you need to see a urologist. This is their area of expertise. Be sure to point out exactly what you feel and where it hurts. Make the appointment now. You shouldn't have to be in pain.

Let us know how you're doing. Good luck.

ok so my husband has a small lump on the right side near the groin area it does not hurt untill in inflamates. if not inflamated it does not bother him??? what could it be???

Hi Cockel,

It could be anything, including a hernia. Have him check with his doctor.

Can you post the results of your check up? Would like to know how you made out.

Thanks,

"I discovered a small lump on the top of my right testicle about a month ago, I didn’t think to much of it until recently when it suddenly started to hurt. It is now painful upon touching (sometimes really bad sometimes not so). There seems to be a lingering dull ache through the right side of my groin, abdomen and lower back(right). Sometimes it is really uncomfortable with sharp pains and aching and sometimes it isn’t so bad. The lump itself is a small hard lump which appears to be attached to the testicle, it’s situated where the main part of the epididymas (spelling?) joins the testicle, I’m able to move the tubing around but the lump stays fixed to the testicle (it’s almost like a noble or grain of rice shaped, kinda, sticking out of the testicle)."

--------------------

I feel the situation 100% like this I see VERY PROFESIONAL UROLOGIST ONCOLOGYST DOVTOR - he makes scans of my tesctiles and say no cancer(I afraid of that) and he says its not a problem you have it...it is some calcification of vein and dont worry sleep well:)

But I feel uncomfortable ....mild pain...aches several times in a day ...I feel it after swimming pool too from cold water.When I heated for example with hot water under shower or with warm air from hair blowing mashine -the aching or mild pain goes away.

What else I can do ? for that problem?

P.S first symptom I felt sitting by computer till 2 a.m and I sitting very long and often and my tesctiles allways is tights by the jeans....