Help, Weird painless lump between thigh and groin. There is a slight discoloration in the lump and Ive had it for several months now. I was reading and they said it could be cancer, wanted a second opinion before I go to the doctor.

Hi ChrGun

I have some information for you -

The groin includes the upper inner thigh and the indented area of the front of the body where the legs meet the trunk. Bulges or bumps in the groin can be small or large; they may grow or remain the same size; they may occur as a single lump or several lumps; they can be hard or soft, mobile or immobile, painful or asymptomatic. Some lumps turn red or purple while others remain flesh-colored. Many are covered by intact skin, but some can ulcerate or form other types of sores.

Groin lumps can have a variety of causes, including injury, allergy, infection, tumors and hernias. Trauma-related causes of lumps include bug bites or stings, localized collections of blood in the tissues (hematomas), and scar tissue. Rashes associated with allergies can cause multiple small, itchy lumps (ranging from nearly colorless to red) that can spread over the body or may be localized in an area such as the groin.

Instead of scaring yourself to death, may I suggest that a visit to a qualified doctor will put matters to rest. Let him examine you :) Good luck