I have an unusual problem. I noticed a fairly large lump in my left inner thigh/groin area about 2.5 months ago. I’ve had an MRI and it says that it’s suspected of being swollen lymph gland. My surgeon wants to remove it right away. He said it’s large and that could be a tumor. I can’t make up my mind what to do because I don’t feel "right" about having a lymph node removed. What if it carcinogenic? The question is do I get this taken out or not? Does this mean I have cancer? I am 48, male.

Cancer of the scrotal skin usually occurs over the age of 50. It causes an ulcer or lump on the skin. This is often painless and it will start off small and round but will enlarge to form an irregular shape. Eventually, a pus discharge appears. If the ulcer is hidden in the fold between the scrotum and leg, this may be the first thing noticed. Sometimes lumps in the groin swollen lymph glands are the first sign of a problem, though the scrotal lesion will have been present for some time before the cancer spreads to these lymph nodes. Your doctor should do biopsy, if he isn’t already to be sure. Depending on size, the tumor is treated by surgical removal, radiotherapy, cryotherapy or chemotherapy.

what did you finaly decide to do? did you have sergery?