Hi! When I was coming home from work today I felt pain in my thigh. I decided to walk home and I guess that my thigh was rubbing my trousers, so the pain was more obvious. When I came home I had it checked and I noticed this red swollen lump. I couldn’t figure out what it was since I never had anything like it. I have intercourse only with my girlfriend and I reckon she has only with me, so I guess an STD would be out of the question, right? Any ideas about possible lumps on inner thighs?

I get these from time to time. In my case, they are usually ingrown hairs but the hairs cannot be seen. The lump becomes very tender and red and swollen and if I try to do anything about it, it hurts very much. I reckon it gets inflamed. Sometimes I put warm compresses, I heard that helps in taking out the inflammation or puss, so the lump would go down. Sometimes, I apply antibiotics and I don’t know if any of this helps but they do disappear on their own after a while. I don’t think it is a std because they usually show up in clusters if they have bumps as symptoms.