Hey guys, I've been a browser of this forum for a while and thought I'd finally post a question of my own. I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit worried about my lymph nodes and the possibility of lymphoma.
Little background info:
I started feeling enlarged lymph nodes at the end of June this year. A few weeks after, I had a case of a Staph infection and was put on sulfameth for a week, it cleared up fine. Unfortunately my lymph nodes didn't go down after the infection. I went into the doctors a few times to try and find some answers, and in late July was diagnosed with Mono (which was a relief). The initial monospot test came out negative, but the EBV titers were positive for Mono. For the period of time I didn't know I had Mono (I thought I was just very tired from school and adjusting back home) I drank a few times and smoked a few days a week. When I found out I had it, I stopped for about a month, got tested for Mono again before returning to school in September, and Mono was cleared from my system. Since then I've gotten a cold and bronchitis, and am still dry coughing occasionally.

The reason for my worry is because of my symptoms, which are the following:

generalized lymphadenopathy, after probing over summer I found clusters of them in my groin area, found at least 3 on each sides of the neck and one on both sides of my supraclavical region (above collarbone) - the last of which is my main concern as I've read the inflammation of collarbone lymph nodes is reason to go get checked out (which I did, my doctor didn't seem concerned at the time). In the groin area, there's one on each side that seem fixed and hard, I don't know if that's just it's structure if that's a reason to worry about malignancy.

pressure in chest, sometimes on right and sometimes on left side - a dull ache that I imagine is coming from right below my rib cage area. Initially thought this was caused from anxiety however it is almost daily so I don't know if that's the case.

elevated heart rate, I feel as though my heart is beating out of my chest at times. I can feel my pulse in all of my lymph areas etc. and though often times when I test myself I have a 'normal' heart rate, sometimes my resting rate is slightly over 100 bpm.

soreness and hardness in testicles, not sure if it's related. I had a testicular ultrasound when I was feeling the soreness the most and everything came back fine.

muscle spasms - sometimes they are close to or feel as though it's the lymph nodes. happens for like ten seconds then goes away, but happens often.

the lymphadenopathy I have a question about. I'm a skinny guy, is it truly cause for concern if I can feel my collarbone lymph nodes? None of the lymph nodes I explained are visibly inflamed, just can be felt under the skin if I'm looking for them.

also, I've heard that lymph nodes take a while to de-swell - I can't seem to find if this is normal for me, to have fairly inflammed lymph nodes for about five months straight due to the staph, mono, cold and bronchitis my body has been through. Some of them seem larger than they were initially, however they're not "growing" as far as I know, if that makes sense. Like, certain ones seem larger day-to-day then will go back down to normal.

I've had a CBC twice (2 month interval) with completely normal results (other than the EBV titers changing) and the doctor said my WBC was directly in the normal range. I never felt thoroughly checked by my doctor though, he'd quickly feel my lymph nodes and tell me they're not big enough to have any suspicion to biopsy.

I'll be getting a chest x-ray soon for peace of mind, but should I truly listen to everyone telling me not to worry? From what I've heard, without a biopsy it's hard to tell, so how is my doctor, a family-friend nurse, college medical center doctor, and friends and family so sure that I'm worrying too much about all of this? I'm just trying to figure out what's wrong here and can't seem to find an answer.

If you have similar symptoms or did have them and was diagnosed, please let me know! Or anyone wanting to shed light here, I'm all ears. I do admit that I can get a bit anxious and that doesn't help in this situation.
Thanks for reading.

Yeah, I'd really like to hear someone's answer on this as well. I am 20 years old, generally healthy, and thin as well. For 2 months I lived in a moldy house and developed pleurisy and fibromyalgia, and heart palpitations. When I moved out of the house, I stopped having intense pain all over my body, but developed basically the exact same symptoms. Muscle twitches, dull ache underneath my left rib, (usually), and my lymph nodes are still swollen 2.5 months after. The one under my jaw on the right seems to be the largest, it went down for 5 days, almost indistinguishable, and now it's back up to almost the same size. My left supraclavicular is second largest, probably about an inch wide. I can feel the ones underneath my armpits and in my groin, but they aren't really too swollen. My doctor ran some blood work, and apparently my white blood cell count is perfectly healthy, and there was nothing wrong with my complete blood-work, and since I don't have a fever, she said it was unlikely to be lymphoma. But she said it was unlikely that it was bacterial or viral, and since I've been generally getting better, (My entire chest wall doesn't have random stabbing pains throughout the entire day), she said it is probably not worth getting worked up about, unless it takes longer than January or February to un-swell, or they become noticeably larger and/or I develop a persistant fever.

I have similar problems but have not gone to a doctor though I did go to ER once for muscle spasms in my neck on the right side. THe right side of my neck is sore and swollen.

Have you been properly tested for Lyme Disease? Please research if you have not been!

I know this was posted several years ago but I wanted to reply anyways...perhaps if you're out there you can update us on how you're feeling? Your situation is SO similar to mine, I didn't think I had mono either but it does make sense now. Almost exactly the same symptoms as you minus the staph infection. I have had swollen lymph nodes going on nine months now after the initial EBV infection. Been tested for nearly everything before they finally tested for EBV. CT scan showed multiple swollen lymph nodes throughout the neck, not of pathological nature, I can feel at least 6 of them myself. I also have 2 on either side of my groin. I read symmetry in swollen nodes is characteristic of mono. My internist told me that in a normal immune system the nodes would have gone down by now but that it can take up to a year, sometimes longer and some will just remain "shotty". At the one yr mark, she suggests an ultrasound this time of the abdomen. I think I am just going to get an FNA if it gets to that point though. No one else seems to be worried (my ENT, primary care and my internist) because of the very small size of the nodes. I try not to worry too but it is always in the back of my mind. Since having EBV/mono, I have also developed skin allergies (eczema and seborrheic dermatitis) and food allergies. I'm on an anti-inflammatory diet (no dairy or processed foods) and that has really helped to give me my energy back, but the nodes and skin issues remain. So frustrating. Has anyone else had a similar experience? 

Hello, did you even get an answer on your symptoms? I'am feeling the exact same way after being diagnosed with mono 4 months ago. lymphoma worries me as well.

Hi I was wondering the outcome of your mono/EBV ? I have had the same symptoms going on 10 months! It's really Been awful!

Im just getting over mono for the second time, bloodwork showed that the virus was reactivated, and I didn't know that I had it when I was initially infected almost two years ago. With what I believe was the initial infection, my left cervical lymph node (one in the neck) swelled up to the size of a tennis ball. It went down, but ever since then my lymph nodes in the neck, head, and shoulders, and sometimes armpits have been swollen. They aren't sore anymore, just the neck ones get a little tender sometimes. I guess they aren't big enough now to cause concern, but I do worry because I didn't have the same doctor when I got infected two years ago and I feel like my doctor doesn't take my symptoms seriously. I generally lived an unhealthy lifestyle for most of my life (I'm 27 now), but have started eating much better over the past few years, but I still smoke daily and drink once or twice a week. I've had body aches and chronic fatigue ever since I got infected two years ago. It's really depressing. :( Anyone else have any luck in figuring this out or feeling better?

I'm in the process of recovering from a severe and rare case of mono. Ive had LOTS of blood tests, CAT scans, and just overall lots of tests. After finally getting rid of the mono, I still had a lot of symptoms. So I went back to my doctor and he told me that the effects of a severe case of mono can have lasting effects for months, and in my case, my lymphnodes are still HUGE! Apparently they got so damaged that it can take up to a year for them to recover from mono. It's just important to keep checking their growth. And they can also be massaged and have heat applied to help the recovery and swelling. Hope it worked out! And I hope this helps someone out there!

I hate how every single health problem on the internet is associated with lyme

Thank you for this info. this helps

I am look like your symptoms.

I definetly agree.