Let me just start off by saying that I am a 19 year old female college student, in otherwise great health. I am active and in good shape. This past year at school, I noticed myself feeling not as well as usual and kept getting sick or having mild cold symptoms. This continued on and off for a bit. In early March however, I woke up one day with very swollen eyes, a sore throat, fatigue, swollen lymph nodes, etc. I went to the doctor and was first diagnosed with a sinus infection. I was given antibiotics, but a week later I was still feeling awful so I went back to the doctor. The second time I went back I was diagnosed with mono. I was given a blood test which came back negative, but the doctor still felt confident diagnosing me with it. She prescribed me some steroids to help with the swelling of the lymph nodes and eyes which helped a good amount. I went home for spring break and rested for a bit, then returned back to school a week later feeling a little better. I still had fatigue and a cough. 

It is now June and I have not felt 100% better in months. My lymph nodes are still swollen.  I am very fatigued on some days too (usually 2 days out of the week). The lymph nodes feel more swollen on some days than others.  I have had a cough for about 2 months now that won't seem to go away. I haven't had any upper respiratory problems though -- no runny nose or anything. I keep coming down with random ailments. 2 weeks ago I had strep throat and took antibiotics for it. When the antibiotics were done I felt better for a few days, but then was back to feeling sick again. I also constantly have the feeling of swallowing gunk in the back of my throat, like it sort of feels like something is obstructing my swallowing. 

I have seen a doctor multiple times, but just keep being told it is a cold or something of the sort.

I guess I am just wondering are these still symptoms of the mono or something else? I am beginning to feel very frustrated because I feel like I will never get well. I feel as though I won't be back to normal ever again. It concerns me because it  was never truly confirmed that I had the mono -- so what if it is something else? 

I have been reading online about Thyroid cancer. I read a story about another college girl who kept getting sick and also had the swollen lymph nodes.  I don't know if I am being far-fetched, but many of my symptoms sound similar to it. Im wondering if I should go see my doctor about it?